Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lektime Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2014, 04:51 PM
    How to journalize $198.40 fica taxes, $19.84 fed unempolyment taxes and $133.92 stat
    How do you journalize $198.40 fica, $19.54 federal unemployment taxes and $133.92 state unempployment taxes
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2014, 09:04 AM
    Are you paying them or are they just a liability.

Debit FICA Expense for the amount
    Debit Federal Unemployment Taxes Expense for the amount
    Debit State Unemployment Taxes Expense for the amount
    Credit Cash for the total amount(if being paid) or Taxes Payable(if being paid at a later time)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

FICA taxes for F-1 Student filing taxes jointly? [ 0 Answers ]

Does an F-1 Student have to pay FICA taxes if their spouses are working in the country on H-1 Or L-1 visa and they file their taxes jointly as married. I know that for individual filing I am exempt from these taxes. I have been on F-1 for a year and will be getting paid for my internship here.

If I received unempolyment in 2009 can I file self-employment on my taxes [ 2 Answers ]

I was told I should not file self-employment on my taxes because the would put me in TROUBLE with IRS OR UNEMPLOYMENT.

FICA taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Sir, I have a roommate who started earning in USA last year for the first time. He is paying ssn and medicare taxes on all his paycheck. I think his visa status is J-1. He is from Pakistan. Please tell me is he suppose to pay ssn and medicare taxes or not? I thought if you are not...

Fica taxes [ 1 Answers ]

As a 73 yr. old fileing as a sole propritor must I pay fica?

CPT+fed and state taxes [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have been on F1-CPT in the state of CO while studying for 8 months in the year 2005. My employer did not withhold any taxes. So, I assume that I have to pay Federal and state taxes this year. My income for 2005 has been $11,600. I assume I have to pay around $550 in Federal and $165 in state...

View more questions Search