Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Preet143 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2014, 02:54 AM
    Multiple negative urine test & a blood test but gaining weight,feeling nausea.
    I'm 22. I have my last period on 28 Jan 2014. My husband & I have been trying from 5 months but I have got multiple negative urine tests & 1 -ve blood test. I'm gaining weight continuously & getting heartburn & frequent urination. Was diagnosed with PCOS 2 years ago but always had regular periods. This is 1st time that my periods are late. Can I still be pregnant ? Please please please help
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 3, 2014, 04:07 AM
    Very doubtful that blood test is incorrect, you need to go in for a better exam and testing as to possible other problems.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

May 5, 2014, 07:58 AM
    The PCOS can hinder conception.

The issues you're having are more than likely due to an condition external to conception and pregnancy. It is worth getting that figured out and dealt with so it doesn't hit during your pregnancy. What you can and cannot take during your pregnancy is really restrictive. My wife has GERD and was off her pill for the length of her pregnancy. That was about 8 months of heart burn and vomiting blood. Fun times. Get it checked out.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 5, 2014, 01:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Preet143 View Post
    I'm 22. I have my last period on 28 Jan 2014. My husband & I have been trying from 5 months but I have got multiple negative urine tests & 1 -ve blood test. I'm gaining weight continuously & getting heartburn & frequent urination. Was diagnosed with PCOS 2 years ago but always had regular periods. This is 1st time that my periods are late. Can I still be pregnant ? Please please please help
    When did you have the blood test? A simple ultrasound would let you know whether you were that far along in a pregnancy.

@CravenMorhead... it's unfortunate that an alternative medication wasn't available... not fun indeed! Today there are several commonly used medications that are safe to use in pregnancy for GERD and general heartburn.
    Adult Sexuality Expert

May 6, 2014, 11:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaLC View Post
    When did you have the blood test? A simple ultrasound would let you know whether you were that far along in a pregnancy.

@CravenMorhead... it's unfortunate that an alternative medication wasn't available... not fun indeed! Today there are several commonly used medications that are safe to use in pregnancy for GERD and general heartburn.
    My little one is 9 months old. They gave us the strongest and it wasn't enough. It just took the bite off it.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 6, 2014, 03:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CravenMorhead View Post
    My little one is 9 months old. They gave us the strongest and it wasn't enough. It just took the bite off it.
    Ahhh, didn't realize this was so recent... fun with a 9 month old! Not fun dealing with severe GERD in pregnancy. Bless your wife! :-)
    Adult Sexuality Expert

May 7, 2014, 10:12 AM
    It's made the decsion to have a second hard for sure, but what is nine months in the stretch of things?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it possible to get a negative urine test and a blood test [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm 21 and had a miscarriage in May and I had a normal period in June and then missed my period in August completely and had a negative urine test and also a blood test with the same results which I'm still having cramping, breast getting larger and so on do any think I'm still pregnant cause I...

Negative blood test and urine test! [ 11 Answers ]

Hey umm I am 3 and a half months late for my period. And I have taken several home pregnancy test and 1 blood test... all negative.during the 1st month I lost weight and now I have gained weight... just like when I was pregnant with my son. Who is almost 10 months. I've never ever been late...

Blood and urine test are both negative [ 1 Answers ]

I haven't gotten my period since July 7 and usually my period only lasted for 5 days but that month it lasted for 10 days. I did a home pregnancy test at the end of August and it was negative. I waited for another month (September) and went to see my doctor, she got me to do a urine test at her...

Negative blood test negative urine but still feel pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

Hi me again I've had my bloods taken not sure what of hcg tests I think which came backnormal,but still feel butterflys in my belly nauseas,and weight gain on my lower half could I still be pregnant or am I worrying myself in TO a early grave. Jeans are quite snug and my boobs have stopped...

View more questions Search