Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisakellum Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2014, 05:25 PM
    Degree for a felon?
    I want to know if I can get a degree I health care if I'm a convicted felon?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 2, 2014, 06:12 PM
    You can get a degree... unfortunately you won't be able to work in at least most of the field so it would be a waste of time.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 2, 2014, 07:03 PM
    Agree. You can get a degree in any field you want. ** you may not be admitted into nursing programs, or law programs, but in general, you can get any degree you want.

As noted, most places will not hire you in health care, due to licensing and accreditation rules.
    xxGFStonexx Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2014, 05:28 PM
    Well, it kind of depends on how bad of a felon you are.
    If not much, probably yes.
    If you've done ILLEGAL-ILLEGAL things, than NO.
    -- xxGFStonexx
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jun 4, 2014, 06:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xxGFStonexx View Post
    -- xxGFStonexx
    Really? Come on now...do you know the answer or not? How bad of a felon? A felon is a felon when it comes to health care.
    Please be more careful with answers when they need a factual answer rather than an opinion.

In every job I can think of for health care, no, a felon will not be hired.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 4, 2014, 07:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xxGFStonexx View Post
    -- xxGFStonexx
    Seriously? We pride ourselves as to the accuracy of our responses. This is not a playground for children.

To the OP, having a felony will keep from licensure in any healthcare field.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much time on a third-degree felon tech.v.o.p. [ 3 Answers ]

I was placed on 3 yrs.drug offender probation back in may 2010 for 7 counts of witholding information from a doctor the judge ran all 7 counts together I got 1 tech.v.o.p.in aug.2011 and I had a hearing nov.30th 2011 with the v.o.p.judge for assocationing with people involed in crimeral activey at...

Degree suggestions for a convicted felon. [ 7 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I just wanted to post and get some advice on what degrees would be a good idea for a felon to pursue. I was convicted of Incest when I was 14 years old and now at 21 I am almost done with my Associates degree. I have completed all my treatment and I am also no longer required to...

Felon getting a college degree? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a 43 year old man with 2 felonys. My first one was in 2005 for assault on a nurse in the emergency room. I never went to prison but did 4 months in county jail, and received a 3rd degree assault conviction. My second felony actually happened in 2004 but wasn't convicted until 2007 for...

Is a degree in business a good idea as a felon [ 1 Answers ]

I am in college and trying to get a business degree. Do you think that it will be difficult to find a job if I am a convicted felon (facilitation of stolen property). I put an ad on craigslist and the property turned out to be stolen. I do not want to get a degree in business and not be able to...

View more questions Search