Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hellokitty5047 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2014, 10:51 PM
    Help my visa has expired
    Hi I am from Slovakia my visa has expired in October 24 if I renew it will I be deported, no I do not have a job I live with family I have family members who are residents of the untied states. After that I need to get a green card someone help me please
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 1, 2014, 03:50 AM
    We cannot help you with this. If you overstayed your visa, and knowingly you did because you stated it expired last October. Rules have changed, you now cannot renew your visa and will be barred re-entry for ten years.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 1, 2014, 04:45 AM
    I'm with Tickle... they don't just give green cards to people here illegally. A green card is a path to citizenship...a VISA in most cases isn't, there are quotas, and wait lists.. And overstayed VISA is still illegally. Leave the country before deportation procedings start on your own... and you might have a chance of renewing the VISA... from OUTSIDE the country. They won't do it from inside the country. And you are right.. if you try they might initiate deportation proceeding and trigger the 10 year ban.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I got a visit visa to dubai but I dd't ebter UAE on that visa and it expired now but [ 1 Answers ]

The sponcer did not clear visa from emigration. Meanwhile I lost my passport now I re issued and got new passport with new number.and I got another visa I am traveling uae on the new visa.but is there any problem to go this new visa and passport number with out clear the old one(but I dd't enter...

I'm on L1 Visa and my wife is on L2 visa. Our current visas/I-94 has expired. However [ 2 Answers ]

I'm on L1 Visa and my wife is on L2 visa. Our current visas/I-94 has expired. However we had already filed for an extension and it is pending with USCIS. I'm planning to apply for an ITIN for my wife. Will they reject her application because of the expiry date? Will they take into account the...

Expired visa [ 2 Answers ]

My visa expire in August is there any way to stay legally in the country? Does marriage is the only one way that can help to be in US ligaly? How that works? How long does it takes after wedding? Please any one who went through all that.

H1 Visa Expired [ 2 Answers ]

My H1 visa is expired but have valid I94 till sep 09 , can I visit my parents under this situation will thre be any problem?. Thanks

View more questions Search