Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BabsBooks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2014, 05:25 PM
    A London Peculiar - an autobiography of a London Policeman in 30s and 40s
    I am searching for a paperback book I used to have which I am sure was called A London Peculiar. It was an autobiography of a former policeman (I think) who was born around 1900. He went to Blackstock Road Elementary School in Finchley, North London. My grandmother went to the same school at the same time, grew up in the same area and thought she remembered the author. The picture on the front was a painting of a church with a steeple and the colours were yellowish browny green. The London Peculiar of the title referred to the "peasouper" smogs of the time.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 30, 2014, 05:43 PM
    Visibility: Boris Starling: 9780525949961: Amazon.com: Books

Maybe?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Murder movie from the 30s or 40s - could be black and white [ 0 Answers ]

I am trying to find the name of a movie from the 30s or 40s that is about a murder. The murderer kills someone by drowning them in a car. The town then makes believe the victim is not dead so they can draw the murder out from hiding and arrest him. This may be in black and white but could have been...

30s or 40s movie about a murdered dog that comes back as human [ 1 Answers ]

30s or 40s movie about a german shepard who is poisoned and goes to animal heaven where a lion is God and comes back to earth as a human man with a horse (woman) to prove his murder

Title of black & white romance/affair 30s 40s or 50s? [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot think of the title of a movie I once saw. I am sorry the details are so sketchy. It was an old movie, black and white. It could have been made anywhere from the 30s to the 50s. I do not remember the actors. It was: set in a small down, a woman and a man have an affair, but they are in...

30s or 40s movie-family adopts crippled boy [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for the title to a movie, made I think in the 30s or 40s, where a family with several children adopt a young crippled boy who wears leg braces. They have a difficult time making him believe they care about him and he is very distrusting. At one point in the movie they spend some time at...

Driving me nuts. BW movie from 30s or 40s [ 1 Answers ]

This movie is about a woman who gets hit with painters scaffolling and they think she is a missing heiress kidnapped at childhood. They take her to a mansion and they tell her she has to identify her favorate doll. By logical reasoning she picks the right one. Give it a go, haven't seen it...

View more questions Search