Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mwatson61 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2014, 09:31 PM
    installing 18x33 above ground pool on unlevel surface
    I have a frame built out of 2x6 that is level across the top, but 5"deep on one end and slopes down to about 11 inches on the opposite (long) end on the ground surface itself. I was thinking of using all masonry sand for backfill. which would make the underneath of the sand pad un-level but the top would be level. after reading some posts, everyone talks about only 2" of sand for a base. I need some ideas on what to do in this case. I read one that said use unwashed gravel to level unevenness and then top it off with sand, water and tamp several times. This is my first install and I don't want to have to redo it. The frame work is 2 feet or better all the way around the pool dimensions. Please help
    lilpoppa Posts: 118, Reputation: 13

Jun 9, 2014, 02:57 PM
    I suggest leveling with 1" minus limestone compacted in rises of approximately 2" to achieve proper compaction. A vibratory plate compactor will be your best friend for this project and can be rented for around $40 or less per day. After you have leveled the area put down your 2" cushion layer of masonry sand. You definitely don't want an uneven sand base as sand shifts with pressure on it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unlevel above-ground pool [ 3 Answers ]

After being up for almost a week our 24ft x 30in above ground metal frame pool (Intex) is unlevel about 1/2 an inch. Think it's all right or is that TOO unlevel? Thanks in advance for the help!

Above Ground pool unlevel [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem I think anyway I have a 27ft by 52in round pool when we first started to fill the pool everything was level we started filling the pool and after about 3ft of water I checked the depth and it was almost 3in lower on one end of the pool my father-in-law said it would be OK as long...

Unlevel above ground pool [ 4 Answers ]

Some of the sand underneath our above ground pool has shifted. It is in the spot where the ladder is located. This has made the pool unlevel and pulled the liner down. Any suggestions regarding fixing this? Thanks.

Unlevel Pool Ground [ 1 Answers ]

We just put up at 18X48 pool and now that it is almost full with water you can see one side is lower than the other and it is putting pressure on the lower side. It is probably about a 6 inch difference around the pool in water levels. Is there anything we can do to fi this problem without emptying...

18x33 Above Ground Pool Leak [ 1 Answers ]

I recently purchase a home with a 18x33 above ground pool. Today I noticed a small stream of water leaking from one of the walls of the pool. It has already turned cold here and the pool is closed for the winter. Actually, the pool was not opened at all this year since the seller of the home...

View more questions Search