Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TheNatureGirl Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2014, 03:33 PM
    Baby bird identification help?
    My friend Luke found this baby bird today. I did not see her, but I'm hoping the discription he gave might bring up some possibilities. He said that it was on the floor bleeding. She was about 2 inches long or so, and she was pink (bald). We live in Brooklyn, NY. I hope that this description might bring up some possible types of birds living in our area. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 29, 2014, 04:09 PM
    What do you mean, found it on the floor ? No birds in your area are breeding at the moment in the cold weather. So, this was found indoors ?
    TheNatureGirl Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2014, 04:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    What do you mean, found it on the floor ? No birds in your area are breeding at the moment in the cold weather. So, this was found indoors ?
    Like I mentioned before, she was bleeding. She might have fallen from her nest. This was outdoors, and I'm not sure why this litter was born so early.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 29, 2014, 04:18 PM
    Post a picture if you want a good ID. Sometimes the parents through new hatchlings out of the nest if they know they will not survive under the circumstances they have to in a nest accessible to predators.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2014, 06:26 PM
    Almost all baby birds are "bald" . City bird-Sparrow, starling, mocking bird, robin.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Taking care of a baby bird [ 9 Answers ]

I found a baby bird in the yard my puppies were trying to play with. I put it in a safe place to try and fly away or walk away but after three hours it has no moved. It can walk and its wings are not hurt but it is to young to fly. I believe it is in shock but have no way to help it. Veterinary...

North American Bird identification [ 5 Answers ]

I am having a hard time identifying this one bird on our property! Please help if you can.http://www.photographyblog.com/images/photo_of_the_week/26020706/North%20american%20birds.jpg

A baby bird in my care died. [ 7 Answers ]

Yesterday I found a baby bird in our yard, I read that if they can't stand properly on your finger like perching they weren't ready to leave the nest. I also have a dog who was carrying a baby bird in his mouth the other day so I couldn't leave him. I had been feeding him good quality soaked dog...

Wild Baby bird with broken wing found. [ 9 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I need some help. I've raised domesticated baby birds before, but never a wild bird, at least not one that lived. :( My daughter found a baby bird on the sidewalk in front of our house. I know that fledglings will leave the nest before they are able to fly, and that the mother...

I found a baby bird [ 12 Answers ]

I found a baby bird, it has its feathers but its small, what do I feed it, and how do I care for it?

View more questions Search