Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Natalie97 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2014, 10:42 AM
    Tongue piercing ball sinking into tongue.
    I'm just wondering if I can ask a question and hopefully you can get back to me? I had my tongue pierced 4 days ago (second time) because the first time my piercer took it out.The ball on the top has sunk into my piercing a bit more than expected but the bar is steel (purple) and has no pain/discomfort at all.. I had it done the first time by a piercer but went back because it was confusing me and the other piercer took it out and told me to come back in two weeks time to have it repierced free of charge.Now I did this and went back Saturday and have been able to eat/drink and talk perfectly fine.. Its just the top ball that has sunken into the top where it is resting and I've asked people with their tongue pierced and they said its not normal so now I'm worried? This has happened both times with my piercing and the only thing I'm worried about is the indentation on my tongue, its fine though I can talk eat and drink with no problem at all and the tongue bar is long to accommodate swelling, could you please give me some advice please? I don't want to go back to my piercer yet because its only day 4 and he told me to come back in 2-3 weeks for a bar change free of charge. It would be so helpful if anyone could please give me some advice! I can't change it yet as Ive only had it done 4 days ago! Many thanks, Natalie xx.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 30, 2014, 07:06 PM
    If it's causing concern, it's best to see your doctor. That's really the only advice anyone can give you.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tongue piercing swollen over ball [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I need help please. I've had my piercing For 2 years now, and then I started using this mouthwash with chlorhexidine digluconate, meant for gum inflammation and stuff, and now after about a week I've developed this growth around the ball of my piercing below. It's painful and a little scary. I...

Tongue barbell sinking into tongue [ 11 Answers ]

I got my tongue pierced just over 2 days ago and the woman who pierced it used a relatively short barbell. I trusted her judgement because she said she had been doing piercings for many years. I was happy that I could eat and talk pretty easily but the next morning it began to swell. Now, the top...

Tongue barbell sinking in tongue after two days [ 0 Answers ]

Okay I just went to get my tongue pierced two days agoand the barbell is sinking into my tongue,my bar is long but my tongue is so swollen is to small do I ask the peircer if I can get a longer barbell or just wait tell the swelling goes down

My tongue piercing is sinking in [ 1 Answers ]

Okay so I got my tongue piercing done about 2 or 3 weeks ago, and the only problem I've had with it is that the ball seems to be sinking into a hole in my tongue, I can still push it out and whatnot, but its really bugging me. I've been going back to where I got it done and the guy says that its...

View more questions Search