Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skully109 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2007, 08:18 AM
    Debt Validation
    Hi all,

I sent a validation letter over a month ago to a law firm which said I had 30 days to respond to their debt that they stated I owed. Well, it has been over 30 days and all I have received from them was a letter stating they received my original debt validation letter, and nothing after that.

What do I do next, send a follow up letter stating I gave them 30 days and no response, so remove it or just keep waiting.

Am I in the clear or what?? Help
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 4, 2007, 08:42 AM
    Go ahead with the follow-up. They ackonwledged receipt of your request. Which means they acknowledge they have to respond.
    skully109 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2007, 09:03 AM
    What do I state in the follow-up??
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 4, 2007, 09:57 AM
    I sent you a letter on _____, which you scknolwedged receipt of on _______. That letter gave you 30 days to provide documentation validating the debt you originally contacted me about. Since you have not responded within those 30 days I am assuming that the debt is invalid and you will stop contacting me about it. I also expect any credit bureaus entries relating to it be immediately removed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Debt validation [ 2 Answers ]

I am interested in finding out if: collection agencies notice of the 30 day to respond. Say if this notice is dated a year ago. Can I still write and ask for the validation of debt owed requesting the documents, etc. under the law. Can I do this and just keep it on file. Will it be justified...

Question #1 Debt Validation: Who do I write first? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am about to begin the Debt Validation / Verification process, but I'm not sure where to start with the letter wrting process. Do I write the Credit Bureaus, Collection agencies, or the companies who initially furnished the debt? -Ena

What constitutes debt validation? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm told that if a firm refuses to validate a debt under the FDCPA, they may not legally collect the debt. Further, I'm told that a billing statement is not considered proof. Is that true? If so, can someone cite the law so I can cite it in court? My situation is that I'm being sued by Weltman,...

Question #2 Debt Validation: Should I wait out and old debt? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Concerning the Debt Validation / Verification process: If a debt is due to expire (over 7 years old) in a couple of months, is it better to validate /verify it; or wait it out and then get it removed - that is, will the act of verifying the debt renew the life of the debt if it is proved...

View more questions Search