Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MeganMay15347 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2014, 12:43 PM
    Septum Piercing?
    I am 15, almost 16, years old. I live in PA and I really want to get a septum piercing but my mother hates the idea of me piercing my body (other than regular ear piercings). Can I get the piercing done without my mother's consent? Or is this a type of piercing that can be done at home? I really want one and I don't want to have to wait until I am 18.

I was also wondering if I could just want into a piercing place with my mother's signature on a piece of paper without her and get it done. Is that even possible? Would they allow that?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 27, 2014, 12:55 PM
    How will you explain such a piercing later?

No, a mere signature is not good enough.

Why is this so urgent? You want to one-up your friends?
    MeganMay15347 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2014, 01:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    How will you explain such a piercing later?

No, a mere signature is not good enough.

Why is this so urgent? You want to one-up your friends?
    1) My mother doesn't really notice much and I always hide in my room. So she probably won't catch me.

2) Dang it.

3) No. I have to one-up somebody. And none of my friends want a piercing. I just want it because I've always wanted a piercing and this one is the only one I really want right at this point in time. I'm all about standing out from the crowd and I don't want to get into too much trouble with school so I am going to settle with this piercing.

Do you know anywhere I can get a DIY kit?
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Apr 27, 2014, 01:17 PM
    I am sorry but if your mother says "no", then that is the answer you will get here. You are a minor and we cannot and will not give you advice that contradicts your mother.

I think you need to stop trying to find a way around your mother's rules and live with her decision until you are over 18 and no longer living at home.

Getting in trouble at school would pale in comparison to destroying your mother's trust by disobeying her. Start thinking about more than the immediate desire to get a piercing. Is your mother's trust worth it?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 27, 2014, 01:49 PM
    I read up on this particular piercing. It often has some serious complications like a grossly swollen nose and a crooked piercing so that any jewelry you put in will be lopsided-looking. Only an expert should do this and definitely not at home on your own. There is only a very small area that should be pierced, and the piercer has to know exactly what he is doing.

Do this yourself and you will certainly stand out from the crowd!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which piercing looks better with snake bites eyebrow or a septum? [ 4 Answers ]

I already have snake bits and I'm thinking about getting another piercing. So which do y'all think would look bect with them an eyeborw piercing or a septum.

Septum piercing? [ 0 Answers ]

I got my septum pierced a year ago for my 18th birthday. The pain was the worst pain I have ever felt and I bled a lot. When I got into the car I noticed it was slightly crooked and lower than it was supposed to be. It wasn't super noticeable and I wasn't about to go through it again to get it...

Septum Piercing? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 15 years old, and I'm all about being different, standing out, being myself, and be happy with my choices. I have been looking into getting my septum pierced for sometime now. I'm just worried about 1) How it will look and 2)How much it will hurt. On certain things I have a good pain tolorence,...

Septum piercing [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 17 and have already have tons of piercings and done most of them by myself actually, but It's been about 2 years now since I've really wanted my septum pierced and can't find anybody to do it without needing an I.D. So I have decided to do it on my own. This particular piercing though scares me...

Deviated Septum? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm wondering if I have a divated septum. I broke my nose 3 times and had surgeries.. to fix it (the first time was 20 years ago and the next two were about 6 years ago) my nose is a bit crooked. I can't smell most of the time and my nose is constantly running.Can this be a deviated septum? If so...

View more questions Search