Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 26, 2014, 08:59 AM
    Micronta Multi-meter
    I'm trying to fix the heater on my dryer (see https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/applia...er-790093.html). I was advised to use a multi-meter to test continuity. But frankly, I haven't used it in years and am not sure of the settings. I've attached a picture. Can anyone tell me where the leads should plug in?
    Attached Images

cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 26, 2014, 09:48 AM
    Balck lead goes into the DC port. Leave the red one where it is to measure OHMS.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Apr 26, 2014, 06:09 PM
    After properly attaching leads, touch the tips of the leads together. The needle should move to zero on the ohms scale, (far right). If needle does not got to zero, adjust with the ohms adjustment knob or wheel (upper left).

Apr 26, 2014, 06:41 PM
    Looks my old one was dead. Got a new one and it appears the high threshold thermostat is bad, the others are OK.
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2014, 03:52 AM
    Scott, to keep from going back in the dryer change all the safeties at the same time. They can be purchased in a kit for less than $50. Good luck.

Apr 27, 2014, 07:12 AM
    Yes I ordered a kit
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2014, 09:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Looks my old one was dead. Got a new one and it appears the high threshold thermostat is bad, the others are OK.
    How did you determine it had failed?

Apr 27, 2014, 09:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Bound View Post
    How did you determine it had failed?
    Which? The multi-meter or the thermostat?

The multi-meter because it wouldn't register anything when I touched the leads together. The thermostat because my new multi-meter registered nothing when I touched the leads to the contacts, However it did register the other one.
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2014, 10:53 AM
    Comparing the old part to the new part is a perfect way to make this determination. The fact that you tested the part after you had the replacement is great. So many people just change parts and hope it works. Now you know what was needed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I move an outside faucet from my inside water meter to my sprinker meter [ 6 Answers ]

I added on to my home about 5 years ago. When I did, the plumbers added two new outside faucets for watering. My home has a meter for inside water and for outside water. The problem is that the added outside faucets were added to the inside water system. I need them to be on the outside...

What setting on a sperry cm-350a multi meter to test the thermal fuse or switch [ 1 Answers ]

I want to test thermal switch on my dryer what is the setting on the cm-350a multi meter

About a multi meter [ 1 Answers ]

I've been told to list the procedure for prepairing a multi meter before use Any ideas Thanks guys and gals

Multi unit meter cabinets [ 1 Answers ]

Could anyone tell me where I can find prices on a 4gang meter cabinet and an 8gang meter cabinet? And also 400 amp main breaker and an 800 amp main breaker?

View more questions Search