Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    upintheskyguy420man Posts: 104, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2014, 05:32 AM
    As of this date or within a few days of it, what are some ways to make money online?
    I have sought and searched and been asked to pay and I don't want to without knowing I won't be added to the list of hate comments on a page I didn't know existed until after paying. I'm able to type very quickly and have excellent English skills. I find a lot of interest and tinkering with automotives/electronics. I've run computers since Windows 3.1. I was very young then. And I really need something that I can do from home at this point in my life. Something worthwhile...

Best ideas and sources?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2014, 05:38 AM
    THere are far more scams than real opportunities unless you have or start your own on-line business, or telecomute with a real local business.

Reputable companies or people just don't hire others sight unseen... and without in-person interviews...

THe old addage is most true today in this area......if it sounds too good to be true....then it is.

NO legitimate business is going to ask you to pay anything to "work" for them.....none at all.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 25, 2014, 07:41 AM
    If you are near any high schools or colleges/universities, you might consider typing/editing term papers for students. All of this can be done by phone or through your computer (e-mail, attachments, etc.). Call the schools to ask them to post an ad for you (and then e-mail one to them), plus note your price(s) per page or per term paper and if you charge more for editing ($5-$30 per page, depending on what you do, or charge $XX per paper after you see what you are up against).

If you are good at this and get a good reputation, word of mouth will help you gain new student customers.

Of course, if yu enjoy editing, there are tons of aspiring authors out there in Internetland who need editors. Join some online writers' groups to find those writers. Even start your own blog or website to get your services "out there."
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 25, 2014, 07:56 AM
    Half the world wishes they could make money online, easily. It isn't easy. I've sold on eBay with success, after losing money. Fortunately I was just selling my own stuff at first. I've sold on commission since then, but again, most people want to do it themselves. So you can find a product you know a lot about, find a supplier, buy in bulk, and HOPE to make a profit.

Actually online auto parts is one of the very biggest categories of selling there is, at least on eBay. Specialize in vintage parts and hustle to find them around where you live, and you might just make it. But even then not all buyers will be honest, and you have to stay ahead of the game. You have to study shipping very thoroughly, and study the site policies for weeks. They change a lot too.

As for typing for students, I think there is less and less of that, but I think there is a niche market it typing AND proofreading (for extra cost of course), especially for foreign students.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ways to Make Money? [ 10 Answers ]

I need money for something I'm saving up for and I'm 11 so its not many things I could do what do you suggest I do? (Other wise than get an allowance because I don't get one and trust me I ask a ton of times.)

What are ways that I can make money with my existing website? [ 2 Answers ]

My shop website is up and running. Now how do I get companies to want to advertise on it and how can I make additional cash with it?

How many ways to make money online [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to know how many ways there are to make money online (just doing some research for an article), thanks.

What are some ways you make money from home? [ 6 Answers ]

I started my own homebased business a year and a half ago and I've had really great success with it. I would love to hear how others are SUCCESSFULLY making money in a home-based business. Thanks and have a great day!!

View more questions Search