Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lady H Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2014, 05:11 PM
    Threatened abortion
    I had miscarriage last year when my pregnancy was about 59 days... it started with a minor bleeding a week before the miscarriage.

Now I am pregnant for 6 weeks (44days) and I am taking duphaston as prescribed by my gynae.. But, yesterday I had this brownish discharge which look like blood stain.. exactly like my 1st pregnancy.. does it mean that I might lose this one too? Is there anything I can do to prevent having another miscarriage?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2014, 05:37 PM
    Unfortunately this early on, there is little that could be done if you were to have another miscarriage. However, it is not at all unusual for some women to have some spotting or even a bit of light bleeding in early pregnancy. In most cases, unless there is a history of repeated miscarriages, your doctor wouldn't be likely to recommend any changes in your activities. For example, some women may need to be on bedrest or a reduced activity level for a bit, or refrain from intercourse, at least until a certain stage of the pregnancy.

The Dupahston is often used to help prevent a miscarriage in that it will help with maintaining progesterone levels. Certainly let you gynae know of your concerns... part of what they are there for is to provide some peace of mind.
    Lady H Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2014, 07:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaLC View Post
    Unfortunately this early on, there is little that could be done if you were to have another miscarriage. However, it is not at all unusual for some women to have some spotting or even a bit of light bleeding in early pregnancy. In most cases, unless there is a history of repeated miscarriages, your doctor wouldn't be likely to recommend any changes in your activities. For example, some women may need to be on bedrest or a reduced activity level for a bit, or refrain from intercourse, at least until a certain stage of the pregnancy.

The Dupahston is often used to help prevent a miscarriage in that it will help with maintaining progesterone levels. Certainly let you gynae know of your concerns... part of what they are there for is to provide some peace of mind.
    Thank you for the explanation.. In terms of diet, are there any specific foods that should be avoided.. I definitely have stop taking any caffeinated drink, most of the time I just consume crackers since that is the only food I can eat without feeling nausea..
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2014, 03:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady H View Post
    Thank you for the explanation.. In terms of diet, are there any specific foods that should be avoided.. I definitely have stop taking any caffeinated drink, most of the time I just consume crackers since that is the only food I can eat without feeling nausea..
    Not really anything to avoid other than what you already know would not be healthy, such as too much caffeine, sugary foods/drinks, etc. You may find that as the pregnancy progresses, certain foods may not agree with you, even if they were fine before. Some women find that even the smell of certain food will bother them. These aren't miscarriage concerns, just annoyances!

It can be helpful to eat several smaller meals throughout the day (think grazing) instead of 3 big meals. This can be easier on your system, along with maintaining blood sugar levels. Eat a healthy diet, listen to your body for rest and sleep, get some easy exercise (fresh air can sometimes help with the nausea), ask your doctor about extra B6 as well for the nausea, stay well hydrated, and take a good prenatal vitamin.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 24, 2014, 05:09 AM
    You really need to discuss this with your OB/Gyn. You need to call them immediately if you notice anything unusual.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I had an abortion a month from today and I had sex a week after the abortion could I [ 3 Answers ]

I had an abortiona month ago and had sex a week after the abortion and still have not had a period yet. But I have been having abdominal cramps and milky discharge and I am just wondering if I may be pregnant again.

I am 27 yrs old, I had an abortion 6 yrs ago after abortion I put multiloader (loop). [ 1 Answers ]

I am 27 yrs old, I had an abortion 6 yrs ago after abortion I put multiloader (loop). After 2 yrs got pregnant and again I aborted the child and got 3 yrs loop inserted. Last month I took of the loop. My husband still do not wants a child I do not have a single kid. 1: Is again putting Loop for 3...

I am being threatened with a lawsuit [ 5 Answers ]

I filed a complaint with a business due to what I saw at the time as unethical behavior which I still see as this. However I also made accusations to the Atty General based on speculation and not facts. My assumption was that the Atty general would look into the matter and make a decision based on...

Why should I be threatened? [ 3 Answers ]

Right here goes... Ive been having a lot of trouble with my fella lately as you can see on my older posts. Its just not stopping because its one thing after another me and the boyfriend have discussed sorting out our relationship but once again we have another problem on our hands, this...

View more questions Search