Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aswart Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2014, 07:07 AM
    Suspense account (unknown deposits)
    I'm investigating the trust creditors' ledger of a firm. The trust creditors' ledger of the firm has a suspense account (for unknown depositos). I found out that the one unknown deposit was actually by a Mr G (R210 000)and the other one by a Mrs J (R95 000). In the suspense account a Journal transfer is indicated to the account of Mr G (R210 000 debited) and a ''trust transfer for fees'' R95 000 (debited) in respect of Mrs J. Is this regular or correct OR is this irregular or incorrect?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Apr 21, 2014, 08:38 AM
    If this investigation is "above your pay-grade", I suggest you refer it to an accountant who knows what he or she is doing. What, by the way, is a "trust-creditor's ledger", and who are you doing this for, the creditor?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to adjust suspense account [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I am using sage line 50 accounting software basically I do outsourcing At the moment I am doing outsourcing for one company using sage I have got stuck In posting some opening balance of nominal ledger. The accountant has not given me post closing trial balance yet but he has given me...

Safety of social security deposits in a frozen bank account [ 1 Answers ]

If a credit card company has a lien on my bank account, are my social security deposits immune, or can they take that also?

US Treasury deposits money into my account? [ 3 Answers ]

The other day I was checking my online banking and apparently the US treasury deposited money into my account. Now it was a small amount, less than a dollar. But the guy at the bank couldn't explain the REASON for the deposit, he just offered that they do that sometimes to make sure they have the...

What represents the unrecorded deposits in a checking account? [ 1 Answers ]

What represents the uncleared checks and Unrecorded deposits in a checking account?

Bank has frozen my bank account and they say me that it's a lottery fraud suspense acc [ 2 Answers ]

Bank has frozen my bank account and they say me that it's a lottery fraud suspense account,but the story is that I had an advertisement agency which is unregistered and the people who work for me pays me the registration fees as 2000/3500/5000/7000 respectively and we pay them cash for their work...

View more questions Search