Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davidadrian140 Posts: 124, Reputation: 2

Apr 20, 2014, 06:21 PM
    Refrigerator not cooling
    Hello guys. I have a Kenmore fridge model 106.63852300 about 11 years old. The freezer works fine but the bottom half does not cool. Wondering if anyone knows what might be the problem? It has the temp controls inside the fridge not the freezer.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2014, 07:04 AM
    Are the coils dirty under the unit, and is there ice build-up in the freezer?
    davidadrian140 Posts: 124, Reputation: 2

Apr 21, 2014, 03:59 PM
    I cleaned the coils and there is no ice building up? There are two thermostats.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2014, 06:09 AM
    One regulates the airflow and the other one cycles on the temperature in fresh food section. Put a thermometer in both sections and if it's too cold in the freezer then use the air damper to send more air into the fresh food section. If it's too warm (above 0°) in the freezer then send less air into the fresh food section. Wait 24 hours between settings. See what the results are. Did you check the fan in the freezer? Also, did you take the cover off the freezer coils? Remove the cover and press in the door switch to see if the fan works. If the freezer fan is on a thermostat it will not run if the coil temp is too high. There is a thermostat in line with the fan wiring on some. You also need to know if the condenser coil fan is working, too. If it's not running then unplug it at once if the compressor is running until you replace it or fix the cause of it not running. You need a meter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Refrigerator side not cooling properly on my maytag refrigerator model# MSD2756DE [ 2 Answers ]

Refrigerator side not cooling properly. Back freezer wall iced up. Water leaking on front freezer side corner.

Maytag plus refrigerator MZD2766GE not cooling refrigerator part [ 1 Answers ]

The freezer is working fine but the refrigerator part is not cooling as it should.

Refrigerator not cooling [ 3 Answers ]

Was shippedon back on back of truck! I know this is horrible. Freezer side works great but not fridge. I have left it right side up. How do I fix this. Im very handy just never done more to a fridge then open the door

Refrigerator not cooling [ 1 Answers ]

How can I check to see if the compressor is running on my Amana refrigerator. It will not cool and I suspect a freon leak.:)

View more questions Search