Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sistersbest18 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2014, 10:46 PM
    Court ordered alcohol testing two kinds she ordered a binge test
    My husband an j ARE GOING THROUGH A DIVORCE.hE is fs fighting me for full custody today he told the mediator I drank 20 beers every other day.She said she would order a binge alcohol hair test.I have drank three times in ninety days.Can you explain this test and the results?
    Luck0rN0t Posts: 263, Reputation: 45

Apr 17, 2014, 11:21 PM
    Any kind of hair testing usually takes a sample of hair about 1 1/2 inches, from as close to the scalp as possible. It is then divided into smaller samples and turned into a liquid where it it analyzed for... whatever they are looking for... and is intended to determine quantity over a period...

Hair grows on average, 1/2 in a month, so they are usually looking back over a 3 month history - give or take - and the higher the percentage of <insert drug of choice here> in the various samples, it will give them a very good idea of how much you actually drank and how often...

So, if you drank 20 drinks every other day for the past 30 days vs. say, 3 - 6 drinks three different times over the past three months, the results will be significantly different.

Hair testing is designed to show level of consumption over time. Residue is deposited into the hair shaft, and only "disappears or goes away" when the hair grows out and is cut off. In theory, a hair test could go back as long as your hair is... they might not be able to pinpoint exactly how much you drank, but it would be a very good indicator of occasional, moderate drinking vs. hardcore daily or every other day binge drinking.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drug testing results court ordered [ 1 Answers ]

II want to know the time reqwirements to comply once you are contacted for a randon drug test?

Can I get a court ordered dna test? [ 3 Answers ]

There's this girl claiming she's pregnant and my husbands the father of the child. I want to know if he can get a court ordered DNA test because I don't think the girl will do it freely?

Court ordered alcohol test [ 18 Answers ]

I have a court order under the family services act of NB subsection 54(1) that states will participate in random alcohol testing, including urine analysis; now the social worker is stating that I have to submit to blood tests also, but that I need to give my consent to my family doctor for...

Court Ordered DNA test [ 2 Answers ]

My Father Died and his name isn't on my birth certificate and my sister wants nothing to do with me. Can I get a court order DNA test with my sister to prove he was my father and were related.

Court ordered DNA testing [ 11 Answers ]

Conception took place in PA, the mother was a resident of PA; the father was a resident of NJ. The adult child, now living in OR wishes to establish the father's paternity; the father is now living in FL. What court would have jurisdiction over such a case? Is an adoption legal if the father...

View more questions Search