Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    swhitepdx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2007, 11:19 PM
    How to evict a roommate with no lease and I'm the owner?
    I need help. I let two of my girlfriends move into my house--neither one signed a lease or anything. I couldn't take all the people and partying all the time and asked them to leave after only 1 1/2 months. One of them is staying elsewhere but her stuff is still here, the other still comes and goes but won't talk to me to tell me when / how she is leaving or about utilities. Its so awckward--I would like her to leave now... or at least give me a date. What can I legally do / not do? Thanks!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2007, 11:28 PM
    Please check out the links at the bottom of this page for answers to questions that are similar to yours.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Apr 4, 2007, 05:44 AM
    Do they pay rent to you on a monthly basis? If so then they are month-to-month tenants regardless of whether there is a written lease or not. You need to give them 30 days written notice that their tenancies are terminated. If they haven't moved out by the end of the 30 day period then you will have to file a lawsuit for eviction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Roommate never got on lease, now won't leave [ 15 Answers ]

I live in Berks county, PA. My roommate and I agreed to share an apt. beginning Oct. 2006. I signed lease but she needed co-signers to get on the lease and promised that she would. She has since then not gotten on the lease and has become an intolerable, irresponsible and violent roommate. I...

How do I legally evict a roommate... as soon as possible? [ 4 Answers ]

I let my sister in law move in to my house in which I currently have a 12 month lease. She is not on the lease and I need to get rid of her. She is always late or short with the rent and I believe she is doing drugs. I want her out but I want to do it legally so she has no recourse other than to...

Roommate not on lease needs to go! [ 10 Answers ]

What are my grounds on kicking my roommates girlfriend out of my house if she is not on the lease?

Can I evict tenants who violate lease by smoking? [ 3 Answers ]

Our tenants are violating the terms of the lease by smoking in their apartment. The lease states no smoking anywhere in the house, smoking is allowed outside behind the house only. Nearly every night there is a strong odor of cigarette smoke in the enclosed backporch outside our backdoor (we live...

How do I evict my roommate? [ 1 Answers ]

My roommate is not on my lease. We have been living together for about 5 months and he had paid rent once and never has paid the utilities. I have been letting it go because he lost his job and I gave him time to find a new one. However he has not even been looking. I have tried to be nice because...

View more questions Search