Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davidadrian140 Posts: 124, Reputation: 2

Apr 17, 2014, 05:42 PM
    Back yard sewer
    Hey guys. Need some help again. I have a sewer under neath my back porch with a metal lid. Well the thing is starting to cave in. I think my gutters drain into this sewer. I recently had a contractor come out and give me an estimate on some other work I need done. When I asked him if he can repair it he said I can just fill it in. He said I don't need this sewer anymore. Now I live in Chicago. Before I do any filling I want to make sure I don't need it anymore. Can anyone tell me if I do need it or not?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 17, 2014, 06:40 PM
    Check with Chicago streets and sanitation department before filling in any old pipe. https://www.cityofchicago.org/conten...ffices0213.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewer gas odor in back yard [ 2 Answers ]

City of Conway, Arkansas recently upgraded the main sewer line and placed a Vent for the line, just behind our back fence. We immediately started smelling a bad odor in our back yard. I have check on the internet and found that the rotten egg odor is probably Hydrogen Sulfide. I called the city...

Sewer water in yard considered to be inhabitable [ 6 Answers ]

We are currently renting a house from an individual in jacksonville, NC and the septic tank is over flowing into the yard. Its like a swamp. Is this grounds to terminate my lease since he won't fix the problem or have the tank pumped. I have two dogs and two small children.

Sewer water in the yard, dangerous? [ 3 Answers ]

We recently moved to our current residence. While gardening, I noticed wetness in my neighbor's yard. There is a puddle, about 10 inches wide that fills and then empties to wet mud. I asked my neighbor if he knew about it. Here's what he said. "Oh, I know about that. The previous homeowners were...

Inground Yard sewer vent [ 3 Answers ]

We live in a house built in 1948. I have noticed the smell of sewer gas coming from a vent in the ground. We are connected to the city sewer. We do have a vent on the roof. Is it vital that I keep the yard vent unobstructed or can I plug it to prevent odors coming from it?

View more questions Search