P.T. Barnum the one who said before he died ''what were today's receipts?''
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 16, 2014, 02:37 PM
    Good place to start: Let me google that for you
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 16, 2014, 03:13 PM
    I never thought I would live to see the day when someone asks who was PT Barnum??
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 16, 2014, 03:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    I never thought I would live to see the day when someone asks who was PT Barnum??
    Well there is a sucker born every minute ;)
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2014, 03:28 PM
    I never thought I 'd see the day someone would be online asking someone else something they should be using ANY search engine to find because apparently its too much work for them.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 16, 2014, 04:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    I never thought I 'd see the day someone would be online asking someone else something they should be using ANY search engine to find because apparently its too much work for them.
    Ahmen to that Smoothy !
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 16, 2014, 06:02 PM
    Google is your best friend. I've googled things that were impossible to find, but this isn't one of them.

Back in my day there wasn't Google. If you had a question, you had to find the answer all by yourself. We went to the library, we studied, we spent hours looking through books to find the answers, we asked our teachers for help in finding research material. Nowadays it seems that asking someone else to do it, is better than doing the work yourself.

I worry for the future, the people that won't even put in the effort to find answers. They expect others to find the answers for them.

Troubling.

The future isn't looking very bright. Nor are the people that are going to have a hand in the future. It's not looking good, when people are too lazy to even Google.

I fear for the future. I fear for my children, even though they're not at all like the people asking theses questions. But they're the few. Most of the "new generation" expects others to give them all the answers. They're not willing, or able, to put in the work.

Very troubling. Good bye world. :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search