Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chanjohn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2014, 10:52 PM
    Windows 7 complications/malware weird stuff
    Windows 7 won't reboot properly. I visited a site (p*&n) after antivirus expired. Didn't see anything weird going on. Days later when computer is started it goes to a black screen after account log in. Computer won't allow full instillation of antivirus in safe mode. Error message recorded "installation successful, antivirus/ scan failed to download" < or something similar. I am unable to activate any windows security as I'm being denied (in safe mode). Cmd prompt "sfc /scannow" entered, results "beginning verification phase of system scan. Verification 3% complete" results "windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation". Days before error and antivirus was active, the same command from cmd was completed successfully. What is causing this, I need to operate in normal mode, I am reporting from the possibly infected computer
    donnaknight Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2014, 07:32 PM
    You need a bootable antivirus CD. It sounds like you might have a virus that is preventing you from installing antivirus software. With an antivirus CD, this type of virus cannot do that since it won't get the chance to load on start-up. The more expensive options are something like Symantec; however, you can look on amazon.com for a cheap bootable antivirus CD, and see if that allows you to get rid of the virus. It could also be data corruption. Some of the bootable CDs that you can buy on Amazon will also check for and fix corruption. This is the cheapest way to go.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2014, 08:11 PM
    Which type of antivirus were you running when it expired?
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Jul 7, 2014, 04:36 AM
    Never run as an admin on any windows box. If you are an admin user make a new account that is an admin account then change your account to a standard user this will stop over 80% of infections. Install Microsoft Security Essentials OK I know it is not the Best but it is free and it is far better than most.
    Now to get you up again if you have a data backup format and reinstall never "Fix a compromised system (you can never be %100 percent sure it is "Fixed" If you do not have a data backup you can use one of several Linux boot disk or USB to boot and save out a copy of your data. There are also some Linux bases utilities that have virus removal tools however once you are infected to the point that your boot sector has been infected there is no garentee that the infection is removed properly. Good luck and I hope you are backed up with a copy of recovery media

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Flies and weird stuff [ 2 Answers ]

Lately there has been a ton of flies in my apartment. I live near my grandma and my aunt and there are no flies in their places. I mean we are talking walking distance but like I said the flies are in my place. Anyway there's something else. I have been hearing audio like there is a video playing...

Windows sent a message about malware how do I know its real? [ 1 Answers ]

Skype had a message this morning that said Windows detect malware and to contact this websitevi.ba.pa.c.usa. They ask me add them to my contact list. I'm confused and uncertain on what I should do next. I don't want to harm the system by doing something unreversable

Weird stuff going on. [ 1 Answers ]

I have been having some really weird things going on, well for me anyway. My daughter is 5 years old now, and I don't remember ever feeling like this. I've really been wondering if I am pregnant. I'm not due for my period for another week, but I have been experiencing some out of the ordinary...

Weird stuff [ 1 Answers ]

My 3 yr old cat woke up this morning on my bed and started meowing. She tried to get up and just flopped over. She tried over and over again, but couldn't stand up. She pulled herself to the middle of the bed. Then I looked at her eyes and they were huge and it looked like she was chasing a fly...

Weird stuff... [ 5 Answers ]

Hi... My girlfriend and I had unprotected sex recently, and now some weird stuff is going on. She says that there's a liquid that is red, but not the consistancy of blood, coming out of her. This happened a few months ago as well. She's not getting period cramps or anything, so we don't think...

View more questions Search