Ask
    princessfroggie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2014, 03:15 PM
    403b
    How do I close out a 403b
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2014, 07:02 PM
    You go to the 403b administrator and tell them what you want to do. Are you aware of the tax liability?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 16, 2014, 05:17 AM
    More info is needed. Please define what you mean by close out? How old are you?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Apr 16, 2014, 05:50 AM
    If you have left the job where the 403(b) was located you can easily roll the account to an IRA without tax consequences. First decide where you want the IRA located (Fidelity, Vanguard, Schwab, etc), establish the account, and then they can take care of asministering the rollover. It's really quite painless.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

403b questions [ 3 Answers ]

My wife is thinking about leaving her current job. I am a fulltime student and our bills are starting to catch up to us. We are thinking about using her 403 b money to help us get out of debt no matter the penalty. It will probably help in the long run to make life easier until I finish school. Is...

403b contributions [ 1 Answers ]

Didn't I hear recently that the President lowered the age to cash in 403bs without penalty to 55 years of age, and turning 55 anytime this year would qualify?

Using 403b to pay off debt. [ 1 Answers ]

I'm wondering about the possibility of using my 403b to pay down credit and student loan debt. I'm 42, and am a tenured professor. I'm carrying too much debt to maintain, and I would like to pay off a majority of it now so I'm in a better position to save for the future. I *think* the penalties I...

403b Traditional IRA [ 2 Answers ]

My hospital has changed its 403b plan with ING to a new 403b with Lincoln. Can I rollover the old 403b plan to a tradictional ira or to Lincoln without paying any taxes or fees?

403b questions. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, almost 2 years ago I took a 5,000 dollar loan on my 403b, in which I have aprox 25,000. I took the loan due to financial hardship after a break up and move, credit debt etc. It helped me with some of my problems but I find that I have to have around 2,000 dollars very soon or I may be...

View more questions Search