Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Apr 15, 2014, 12:18 PM
    Wireless Home Phone/No Fax?
    We have an AT@T wireless home phone, the only problem we have is, it will not
    Let us send a fax. Think we will go back to a land line.

Looking at a HP 6700 Officejet Printer that says something about being WiFi.
    Will this solve my problem and allow me to send a fax?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 15, 2014, 12:38 PM
    Probably not. Faxing is an analog process and requires an analog phone line. How frequently do you send faxes? Faxing is essentially an obsolete process clung to by a few diehards. Most people e-mail PDFs instead. If you have an occasional use for faxing, you might consider using efax.com rather than going back to an analog line.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my Fax/Printer Useless w/Wireless Home Phone? [ 5 Answers ]

I want to Fax. Can I, since I got rid of my land-line phone there is no dial tone to use. How can I still send a fax?

Phone/fax machine [ 5 Answers ]

I have a hp 1040 fax machine/phone. It is about a year old. I'm sure it is not torn up as it copies, I can receive calls on it. However I can not receives faxes or send them out nor can I call out on it. The only number on the key pad that works is 9. I know I must have hit a setting that changed...

How do I eliminate/rewire my DSL/Fax line to home phone line? [ 1 Answers ]

Line 1 is a Verizon DSL/dedicated fax line in my office. Line 2 is my home phone. It would cost $95 for Verizon to come to my home for approx. 10 minutes or less to rewire the DSL/Fax so I can eliminate the extra (fax) line. Do I rewire through the NI box on the outside of my home? Any phone...

Connecting New Fax/Phone to computer [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a fax/phone/printer/scanner and it said to hook it up to my router, which I did, and now it's telling me I have to configure by pulling up the web page by IP address or Host name. I tried this also and it goes to Google. It told me to put the address in my web browser, which I did,...

View more questions Search