Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ladyandjan Posts: 191, Reputation: 4

Feb 20, 2005, 09:23 PM
    Reciepe for dessert called Something Different
    Years ago there was a pkg mix called Something Different that you used an electric hand held mixer and then put the mix into an ice cube tray (the old ones that are metal with a handle to release the cubes) put it in the freezer for 3 hrs. and had what was similar to chocolate mousse. Anyone have a way to make this from scratch?
    walt17 Posts: 335, Reputation: 28

Feb 21, 2005, 03:16 PM
    Try this link. There are a couple of recipies there.
    http://southernfood.about.com/od/cho.../r/blbb450.htm
    ladyandjan Posts: 191, Reputation: 4

Jun 18, 2005, 11:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by walt17
    Try this link. There are a couple of recipies there.
    http://southernfood.about.com/od/cho.../r/blbb450.htm
    Went to the site and found some recipes but nothing like the desert one I've looked for. Thx for the info.
    Sandyjeanie2222 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2014, 02:55 PM
    I know the post's question is from 9 yrs ago, but I just saw it. I'm responding because I found a way to make a dessert very similar to "Something Different" a long time ago. I loved Something Different & couldn't live without it. So, here is my homemade version of Something Different, & hopefully someone will enjoy it. Take a container of Cool Whip & add enough Nestle's Quick (you know, the powdered stuff), to make it taste like chocolate Cool Whip. If it's a small Cool Whip container, about 3 Tablespoons should do it. I always add the Quick to taste, the way I like it to taste. Stir the Nestle's Quick into the Cool Whip until it is well blended. Now, empty the chocolate Cool Whip into a lg mixing bowl. You are going to need chocolate ice cream too, the same amount as the Cool Whip, so measure the chocolate ice cream by filling the Cool Whip container with the ice cream. Now, empty the chocolate ice cream into the chocolate Cool Whip & mix the Cool Whip & Choc. Ice cream until well blended. You will also need Graham Cracker Crumbs, enough to make a top and bottom crust for your dessert. So, crush a bunch of graham crackers, perhaps 1/2 a box, and mix it with a tablespoon or 2 of butter, just so it sticks together. I don't use the ice cube trays for my dessert. I just use a plastic tupperware that is rectangular & about 2-3 inches deep. Press 1/2 the graham crackers with butter to the bottom of the tupperware. Now add your mixture of Cool Whip, Nestle's Quick & Chocolate ice cream. Save the other 1/2 of your graham cracker crumbs for later, after you freeze your dessert. Freeze your homemade version of "Something Different" for several hours. When it is sufficiently frozen, press the remaining Graham cracker crumbs on top with a fork. Cut into serving size pieces; Serve & Enjoy. I love it & think it is just as good as "Something Different".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why hasn't he called me after the date? [ 6 Answers ]

I’m a singer in a band, I’m 25 and I’ve never really been in a real relationship before. If I’ve ever been in a loving relationship, it has been short lived and very private. I’ve never had a boyfriend who felt comfortable about introducing me to people as his girlfriend. I think guys see me as a...

I'm Engaged And He Called Me A B**** ! [ 20 Answers ]

My fiancé and I go tin an argument this past weekend and he said f*** the wedding and f*** this relationship, the wedding is off. And this was all because I would not come to an agreement about how much time I would spend don the phone when we get married. The very next day he acted like nothing...

What is this stuff called? [ 4 Answers ]

Our house was built in 1969 and the exterior is covered in this awful crushed glass stuff. Any idea what it's called? We're installing an in-wall air conditioner... how do we cut through it? Thanks! Jenn

He hasn't called me [ 7 Answers ]

I am a little confused right now, I have been talking to a guy for a month now mostly over the phone, we had only seen each other once. We were trying to get to know each other and decided to go on a date last Saturday. I believe that the date went really well, his compliments were endless and we...

Dessert rose in need of your help [ 1 Answers ]

I have a dessert rose tree which is about 10 years old. For the last 5 it flourished beyond my imagination. This year it is acting like it is dying. The leaves are falling off and the limbs are very puny looking at the ends. I'm in Florida, and have given it plant food-- same kind for many years....

View more questions Search