Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Leonb90 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2014, 03:32 PM
    Advice on weight loss, diet and carbs
    Don't know if anyone can help I'm trying to lose abit of excess weight(around my belly, hip and chest), 6ft tall, 186lbs I work out intensely for 30 minutes a day, my new diet consist of whole grain cereal for breakfast, tuna for lunch and 2 chicken breast fillets with golden vegetable rice for tea, followed by a fruit smoothie for desert doing some research on the net a lot of people are saying that rice is bad for weight loss, is this correct and if so what could I replace it with? Thanks in advance
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 14, 2014, 04:22 PM
    People and the internet will say that every diet is bad. There is no agreement on most of the non regular diets.

Honestly, a well balanced diet, is the best agreed to diet. And you will want to also increase your work out to include fast walking or running perhaps building up to an hour a day
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Apr 15, 2014, 08:17 AM
    It all depends on what diet plan you're trying to follow. There are over a billion Chinese people who are a good weight that eat a lot of rice. It shouldn't be too bad for you. The main thing to think about is whether your caloric intake is less than your output as well as your caloric intake is normal for your weight. If that is the case than you should start losing weight, about a pound a week is right. It might take a while to get to your ideal weight but you will do it healthy. The deeper you go the more you can tailor your diet to your lifestyle. One of the more indepth concepts in the gylcemic index. This is a rating of out quickly the carbohydrates in a given food are broken down and converted into blood sugar. The higher the index, the quicker the sugar is mobilized. The quicker the sugar is put into your system, the higher the insulin response which will store the sugar in your liver and then in your fat deposits. The slower the sugar gets into your system the more it is used in your system rather than stored. With this concept you would realize that not all diets are created equal. It could be the same calories but if you have a different GI than the results could be very different.

So where does this leave you? If you're losing weight don't change anything. If you're more concerned than talk to a nutritionist. Get the skinny on all that you're doing and ensure you're doing it right. The is the most important thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

5'10 and 263 pounds, best weight loss advice, and diet tips [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 5'10 and 263 pounds, I have broad shoulders and a big natural frame, what should I look for as my ideal weight? Down from 305 in jan. I am at a platue and can't lose anymore weight, what can I do to boost my weight loss, and ay fast fat burning ideas? Trying to get into the marines

A easy weight loss diet [ 1 Answers ]

I am an 15 year old who is in the high school I am also in the band which means most of the time I am at school more than I am at home I usually get home around 5:30 so that means I be starving so I want to lose weight but I don't have enough time to do that so does anyone know an easy weight loss...

Any diet plan for weight loss [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Im 39 years and 5'-9" . my weight is 74 k.g. But my tummy has came out. Actually im an I.T. professional. I sit whole day on chair. ( 9am to 6pm). Tell me what to do. Is there any diet plan. I started eating SALAD in the lunch and nothing else. But my breakfast is heavy. ...

Weight loss diet plan [ 2 Answers ]

Well I'm just wondering if anyone can give me an idea of a diet plan that will promote weight loss. I exercise daily for an hour - 2. any ideas?

View more questions Search