Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Roxiegirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2014, 10:06 AM
    2 story house, when upstairs toilet flushes, lower level toilet gurgles, why?
    2 story house, when upstairs toilet flushes, lower level toilet gurgles, why?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 14, 2014, 10:53 AM
    There are bubbles and there are gurgles. Can you tell me for sure what to downstairs toilet is doing? Back to you, Tom
    dcplumber Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Apr 17, 2014, 09:51 AM
    You have a partial stoppage and needs to be snaked.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet water level drops and gurgles while the washer is on spin cycle [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I just noticed that when my washing machine on the spin cycle it causes the water level in my toilet to drop and make a sucking sound. I haven't noticed any odors or slow drains around the house. Is this normal? Is this related to my home's septic system? Or is it just because my...

Toilet overflows, gurgles from air pockets, and flushes on own. [ 1 Answers ]

Just moved Saturday (12.24.11), everything was good. Came home (12.27.11) and toilet was gurgling/bubbling (assuming from air) It overflowed and then went down on its own (OVER & OVER) Some water came up through tub. It's public sanitation (not a septic tank) City water. Sump pump in basement...

Water flow is lower and now pipes banging after toilet flushes [ 1 Answers ]

About a month ago my wife and I noticed a lower flow at the faucets... not a huge amount lower, but I'd say 20-25% lower flow rate. I called out my water company and they tested my water flow at my front outside spiggot at my house... problem is they were testing it BEFORE my pressure-reducing...

When upstairs tolet flushes down stairs toilet gargles [ 1 Answers ]

When I flush my toilet upstairs the down stairs toilet gargles. No sewage comes up but the toilet bubbles sometimes splashing water all over the toilet seat. What needs to be done to resolve this problem?

Toilet flushes in 3 waves then gurgles when refilling [ 13 Answers ]

My master bathroom toilet has been flushing in three waves instead of one continuous flush since I replaced some of the internals a long while back. Now, during the refill cycle, the toilet bowl water is gurgling. Are these two separate problems, or one combined problem?:confused:

View more questions Search