Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Koolenovic Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2007, 07:51 PM
    Resolution on Monitor doesn't change
    Hi, I need some help.

Today I performed a destructive recovery on my PC, after it was done I noticed the resolution went from the 1280x1024 it had before, to 800x600. I have an LCD 1280x1024 monitor and I really want to use the appropriate resolution for it because it appeals to me more, so I tried to change the resolution and I would set it to 1280x1024 click apply and OK but it would stay looking exactly as 800x600 but it would say 1280x1024. I have an nvidia geforce 5200 graphics card [I KNOW, very out-dated] and since I done the destructive recovery I assumed I needed to install the drivers for it all over again, so I went to the nVidia website, download the latest driver, and during the installation the screen goes blank except for a blinking underscore in the top left corner. It stays like that forever and there's no way to exit it. And if I shut down the computer manually and restart it, after the Windowsxp loading screen comes up, the screen remains blank.

Im wondering what the problem is here, do I have to get a new graphics card?
    Thanks in advance.
    burn56 Posts: 41, Reputation: 11

Apr 3, 2007, 08:06 PM
    The driver or card is corrupt. If you have onboard video try unplugging your card. If you have a spare video card, try swapping.
    Otherwise, buy a new card, a Geforcefx 5200 128 goes for about 50 bucks or so at compusa, (when I last saw like a year ago)
    -Matt
    Koolenovic Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2007, 08:10 PM
    Yea, Ill try that, Thanks Matt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor colors faded (Monitor color problem) [ 5 Answers ]

I have an envision flat screen monitor and the issue is I had a worm on my computer so I had to reboot it.When the startup came up the colors were faded in a blueish light hue . I updated the drives but still nothing worked. I don't know if it's the monitor or vga cable or just the video card in...

Doesn't find me attractive, doesn't want sex with me, isn't sure he wants a relationship [ 14 Answers ]

Please read this, I need your help I'm 18 and so is my boyfriend I've been with him for 10 months and for about 5 months he's telling me he's not ready to commit and isn't sure he wants a relationship.and at points he's said he wants to feel he can do stuff with other women should the situation...

Monitor doesn't show anything although computers on [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, my computer monitor has stopped working from today and for no reason whatso ever. I was using the computer when the screen went a bit fuzzy and dark for some reason, I thought ill restart and it'll be OK but when I restarted nothing. No signal nothing, there's no problems with the monitor as it...

Monitor resolution [ 7 Answers ]

Hello! I have a monitor, (oldie) only works in 640x480, I need see a software in 800x600, how do I can solve this? (using the same monitor)? Some solution via software emulation? Thanks in advance.

Resolution Won't Change -- HELP! [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. My question is in regards to my computer monitor (TRL/RIC DH-1764M/DH-1764). Currently, my resolution is stuck at 640x480. I know the monitor has the ability for something greater, however, when I try to change the screen area or colors, nothing happens. My color options are 2 and 16 and...

View more questions Search