Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lynne6 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2014, 11:06 AM
    How to evict a adult child from your home in Florida
    My 20 yr old son can't hold a job and eats everything he can in the house,swears at me calls crazy,comes and goes as he pleases.he will not help out in the house at all,and just laugh s and tells you were to go . I tell him to get out but he won't leave. The local police say I have to take him to court,is there a Easter way? Please help, we live in Florida
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2014, 02:06 PM
    You can first send him a certified letter with a date that he is to be out. If that doesn't help then you will have to go to court.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 12, 2014, 02:19 PM
    It doesn't matter that he is a relative. He is a resident which entitles him to the same legal protection of a tenant. Give him written notice to vacate within 15 days. If he doesn't do so, then you have to go to housing court to obtain an eviction order. Once obtained you hire a sheriff to come physically remove him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Process to evict adult child living at home [ 3 Answers ]

What are the steps and how long does it take to evict a 19 yr old adult child from your home (in Georgia). He pays no rent, unable to keep a job, binge drinks with friends. He doesn't have a car or cellphone and apparently gets money from friends. We have tried for 2 years to help with his...

Can you evict an adult child, with teen age children, from your home? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an adult daughter living with me and her two teenage children. How can I get them out of my home

Which eviction form does parent need to evict adult child from home [ 1 Answers ]

Which eviction form does a parent need in order to evict their adult child (23 years old) from their home? There is no money involved, just addictions & beligerent behavior on the part of the 23 year old. We live in Larimer Co. in Colorado. I believe the court district is 8.

How to evict an adult child from home? [ 12 Answers ]

Hello - My 18 yr old son needs to figure out life on his own. High school drop out, no job or motivation. He is 6' 4'' and refusing to budge - so how do I go about legally evicting an adult child from family home? Thanks for your advice...

View more questions Search