Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lis11 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2014, 07:45 AM
    G4 visa buying property in the US
    I know that I can buy property in the US while I'm holding G4 visa.
    However, I'm not sure what will happen to the property if I don't carry the G4 visa any longer, i.e. if I leave my employer:

Will I lose the property?

Can I keep it? For how long?

Will the capital gain tax be different from the time I had the G4?

Thanks
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Apr 28, 2014, 11:08 AM
    In US, aliens can buy properties, so it has nothing to do with your visa status. You can keep it as long as you wish. A large percent of million dollars homes in US belong to foreigners who are not permanent residents/US citizens.

Don't jump to capital gain tax that fast, you will have to pay property tax each year, and number could vary depending on its value.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Buying a property in the US [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I'm from hong kong and not a US resident but I recently develop interests in purchasing a property in the US and have it rented out as investment, I can probably purchase via 2 ways: (1) purchasing under my name - would like to check what taxes will I be subject to, will I incur withholding...

Buying s-4 property [ 1 Answers ]

My name is Robert. I'd like to know about how I can find and read up on buying s-4 delinquent tax property. I read about it a long time ago & now I can't find it online again. Can you help me find the website for s-4 land sales list etc?

Buying property cheap [ 4 Answers ]

how to buy property for less than valued?

Co-buying property [ 5 Answers ]

What is the safest way to co-buy a property were going to flip? The house needs to be remodeled first. Both of us have great credit and income to afford the debt. We can pay cash for the property, but are concerned about running short on the remodel. My concern is how to best title the...

Buying the property you are renting [ 3 Answers ]

If you are renting a property, and before the lease is up you buy the property from the owner, when does the owner have to return to security deposit? (At closing or does he have 30 days)

View more questions Search