Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angiebeard53 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2014, 09:14 PM
    Missing my kids
    I have one daughter that lives in 45 minutes from me and I'm unable to have reliable transportation to pick her up and get her back. Does her father hold some kind of responsibility in my visitation
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 12, 2014, 12:47 AM
    Normally no. I will have to assume the father has custody of daughter and you have visitation.

Have you talked to him and asked him?

What the father has to do, is outlined in the custody and visitation agreement
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 12, 2014, 06:32 AM
    The only resposibility he has as far as visitation is that if it is court ordered he needs to be following the court orders. So if you have court ordered custody his obligation is to have the child available for that custody.
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2014, 10:01 AM
    Generally no. Transportation is up to the NCP. The custodial parent has to make the child available for pick up at the designated times. I don't know exactly what your visitation order says (and I'm not asking). So what you need to do is go look at the paperwork from the court outlining the visitation and see if it says that the father is to meet you somewhere half way or bring you the child. If not, then it is your responsibility to go to the child (again that is more normal). Have you talked to the child's father and told him the problem you are having in getting there?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for title of a kids movie about missing letters [ 3 Answers ]

I'm trying to find a movie I used to watch as a kid in the mid-eighties and early nineties maybe? I believe it used puppets. The story line was that all these letters started missing from signs/bilboards, so it was up to these "kids" to find the cause. It had a lot of singing and I remember a few...

The movie is about a famous frog puppet that goes missing and some kids try and find [ 2 Answers ]

The movie is about a famous frog puppet that goes missing and two brothers and a girl go to find it and when they do the little brother finds out that the frog puppet isn't real

Missing my kids daily [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I are legally separated but cannot file for divorce for 6 months because we just moved back to Georgia. She is giving me a hard time about visiting with my 3 kids because she is bitter about the separation. What course of action can I take to ensure I get to spend the quality time with...

Movies about kids and their military father who go missing. Also a return to Heidi [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am looking for the title of two movies probably from the 80's. The first has to do with some military children whose fathers get captured. I am not thinking of Iron Eagle but this has several children. Near the beginning I remember a red convertible going into the river. At the end...

Missing mother that left kids [ 1 Answers ]

How does a person file for custody for their kids when the mother is missing abanded them. I want to get custody of them.:confused: on what and how we do this .

View more questions Search