Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Zakhokamn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2014, 08:15 AM
    Visitor visa
    Hi there, my parents are here on a visit visa from Lebanon ages 55. What's the best way to have them stay in Canada for good. Any ideas on what steps I need to take to have them obtain PR. Any help is sincerely appreciated.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2014, 01:02 PM
    You would start with Canadian immigration to see what is required.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 11, 2014, 02:18 PM
    They would have to go back to their homeland when there visitors visa expires, or risk not being able to come back to Canada for 10 years. Please visit the Canadian immigration website to find out how they should start the immigration process once they get back.
    Zakhokamn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2014, 06:50 PM
    Thank you guys for your answers. I was told that I can apply for an extension for their visit visa then during their stay apply for LMO for my dad once that is obtained go for a work permit. Is this possible at all.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 11, 2014, 07:45 PM
    An LMO or 'labour market opinion' is only submitting an application to prove that a person will not take a job away from a citizen and takes three months. We are not immigration counsellors. Please consult with Immigration Canada for proper routes.

The LMO does not guarantee a work permit. If you are not consulting with the proper authorities, you are not getting correct information.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Visitor Visa Extension [ 6 Answers ]

I have a general visa that expires in 1 year and a visitor visa that expires in February. In November I applied for an 6 month extension on my visitor visa but they said they will only be able to evaluate it in 4 weeks (which is past my stay deadline). Can I stay past my expiration while waiting...

Visitor visa [ 1 Answers ]

I'm an iranian boy who live in malaysia for more than 2 years 26 years old, now I'm in middle of my study and have malaysia student visa, my grandma and uncles live in us for more than 30 years and they are citizen of us, I want to get a visitor visa and come to us for visit them for few days,do I...

Us/uk marriage.. Can I get spouse visa while in uk on visitor visa? [ 1 Answers ]

Us/uk citizens getting married in the US. Spouse wants to live in uk. Can we get married and can I go back with him pn my visitor visa and then apply for spouse visa in the uk as his wife.

Visitor visa [ 1 Answers ]

:D Is it best to wait to apply for visa at the port of entry in the country I'm visiting? Or Is it best to apply for visit before I leave? It's so time consuming!

View more questions Search