Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    touch19 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2007, 06:43 PM
    Expiration of Vitamin in Fruits
    Can anyone tell us long does the goodness of a fruit last after it is being cut or squeezed?

Thanks
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2007, 07:58 AM
    Fresh cut fruit/juices does not lose much of its nutrients when stored in a refrigerator for a few days. They will spoil before any significant nutrient loss happens. There was a study I read in the Journal of Argricultural and Food Chemistry, May 12th, they cut mangos, strawberries, watermelon, cantelope, kiwi, refrigerated these fruits for 6 days the losses of vitamin C was less than 5% for the mango, strawberry and watermelon, less then 10% for the pineapple, less than 12 % for the kiwi and less than 25% for the cantrelope. SO that's really not too bad, if by goodness you mean the nutrients. You can see spoilage pretty quickly in most fruits, and when in doubt, throw it out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Past SOL expiration cc debt [ 8 Answers ]

Good Morning, My question has to do with SOL expired credit card debt. I have not received anything in the mail (have had a few states of residence), only phone call messages. There is never anyone on the other end when I answer, they are just leaving messages every day. 1) Is it likely or...

Expiration of Probation [ 10 Answers ]

My nephew is currently in prison for violation of probation. He's serving 3 years and gets out in March. He is now saying that he shouldn't have been arresed for violation since his probation expired on 9/24/04 and he was violated on 10/31/04. Is this even possible? He was arresed on 11/30/04...

Too much vitamin c? [ 2 Answers ]

is 4000mg vitamin c too much. I take 1000mg glutathione 2x and 4000mg vitamin c with rosehips 2x so that'd be 2000mg glutathione and 8000mg vitamin c.. Is that too much vitamin c in a day? I want the process to go faster so I was just curious :confused:

View more questions Search