Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KatieEighties Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2007, 06:26 PM
    Title or author of this book?
    I read this book in middle school and I absolutely loved it. It was out of print then and I think is still is now. It was about a boy who was second best on the track team. He somehow gets together with others in the school who are second best (second smartest, second most popular, etc.) and they take down the kids that are the first best. They boy on the track team somehow hurts the first best boy so he can't compete. There is also a part in the book where they use a "filibuster" firework and a huge fish tank to do something. In the end they realize that no matter who they take down there will always be someone better than them. I really loved this book so if any of that rings a bell with anyone let me know. I would appreciate any insight on they mystery of what this book is.
    misslala Posts: 14, Reputation: 4

Apr 16, 2007, 09:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KatieEighties
    I read this book in middle school and I absolutely loved it. It was out of print then and I think is still is now. It was about a boy who was second best on the track team. He somehow gets together with others in the school who are second best (second smartest, second most popular, etc.) and they take down the kids that are the first best. They boy on the track team somehow hurts the first best boy so he can't compete. There is also a part in the book where they use a "filibuster" firework and a huge fish tank to do something. In the end they realize that no matter who they take down there will always be someone better than them. I really loved this book so if any of that rings a bell with anyone let me know. I would appreciate any insight on they mystery of what this book is.
    Try whatsthatbook.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ah! Can't remember the author or title of the book! [ 1 Answers ]

I found this book like several years ago, it's killing me not to remember the name! It's about some teenagers(maybe young adults) and it switches POV. Some of the guys are in a band (I think?) anyway they have a van for some reason, and one guy painted something on it which I'm pretty sure was a...

Trying to find the title and author of a young adult book. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I've been trying to remember the title and/or author of a couple of books that I read when I was younger. They involved a boy who was from another planet and didn't know it. I think he had powers, or at least had a little bit of precognition. I can't remember most of the events in the...

Book Title / Author Name [ 1 Answers ]

Author: Unknown ---I think that this was the author’s first book. Title: Unknown Category: Fiction / Drama Approx Year: 1988 – 1995 Main Character comes back to his small hometown after being away for several years. He gets together with his friends from high school. At first, it is great...

View more questions Search