Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amasu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2014, 10:55 PM
    Waves and frequencies, tones and harmonic motion (Please help , Swedish student)
    I am a Swedish student, it is the first time I am on Reddit and truthfully I am desperate.
    I Got a test in 4 hours and I need to know how to solve these 4 basic questions before I take the test. I have used Google translate.

1. A feather is pulled out 4 cm if you hang 50 grams in it. If the spring is then loaded with a total of 150 grams and can pivot up and down the harmonic motion, which is the period?

2. A mass of 0.5 kg undergoing harmonic motion with a frequency of 2 Hz and an amplitude of 8mm. calculate:

3. A machine produces a certain distance of the sound level 87 decibels, how big would the noise level be if three such machines started simultaneously next to each other?

4. A string has a fundamental frequency of 294 Hz. then press down your finger on the string and it will be 25% shorter. What is the new frequency for the new basic tone that arise?

Check out some similar questions!

Waves and frequencies? [ 0 Answers ]

Moe, Larry, and Curly stand in a line with a spacing of d = 1.1 m. Larry is 3 m in front of a pair of stereo speakers 0.8 m apart. The speakers produce a single-frequency tone, vibrating in phase with each other. What are the two lowest frequencies that allow Larry to hear a loud tone while Moe...

Harmonic motion [ 2 Answers ]

A vertical sprng with spring stiffness constant 305N/m vibrates with an amplitude of 28.0cm when 0.260kg hangs from it. The mass passes through the equilibrium point(y=0) with positive velocity at t=0 a) What equation describes this motion as a function of time? b) At what times will the spring...

Harmonic motion [ 1 Answers ]

A 0.60 kg mas vibrates according to the equation x= 0.45cos6.40r, where x is in meters and t is in seonds. Determinr a) the amplitude b) the frequency c) the total energy and d) the kinetic energy and potential energies when x=0.30m.

The springs of a 1500kg car compress 5.0mm when its 68kg driver gets into th drivers seat. If the car goes over a bump what will bethe frequency of vibrations?

At what dissplacement from equilibrium is the speed of a SHO half the maximum value?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.