Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jon123 Posts: 240, Reputation: 3

Jun 24, 2009, 06:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Bockman View Post
    Actually I'd have to say that's way under priced. A contractor that has the right equipment, cleaners, briteners, sealers and experience should be making a minimum of $150.00 an hour. I've taken almost every type of training there is for the residential pressure washing market and now I'm an instructor. I tell everyone in my classes that they should be making a minimum of $150 an hour. Most of them usually make 150-200...
    Henry come on! 150 bucks an hr?! That's more than what some doctors make! Lol seriously, I gave a customer I did roof repair work an estimate on his molding deck approx. 200sq ft for 300.00 he said the last guy he used charged him 200.00.. I reasoned the point that you had mentioned above and that power washing alone is not going to help prolong his deck. So with that ejabationing him and all, I said I'll charge 200 plus material for the powerwash/deckcleaner.. and I said if you want a sealant it is an additional 150 bucks. I think it was a fair bid.

Nov 9, 2009, 07:11 PM

Henry you are probably a bit too steep 150.00 200.00 per hr in these dreadful economic times?. I am lucky to bid in one of the wealthiest regions in the states. At this point in time, I will take what I can get.. 350.00 a day they buy material stain and wood cleanser.. this job doesn't require powerwashing.. it is a professional wood cleanser for a relatively clean treated lumber porch. Ty and glta.. it is getting tough not getting as many calls! Everybody must be scared to spend money these days!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 9, 2009, 09:09 PM

Anybody checking the dates here, this post was started in 07. Please read all posts when you see something that interests you.

Nov 10, 2009, 04:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1 View Post
    Anybody checking the dates here, this post was started in 07. Please read all posts whne you see something that interests you.
    Sorry about that, I'll ask on an open post !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deck construction support [ 7 Answers ]

Hello - I am in the process of designing a deck for my house. As I have a walk out basement and want the deck off the main floor, the deck will be one story above grade. The back of my house has a 3 season porch protruding out about 12 feet. My idea is to have the deck also protruding out from...

Cleaning credit tips? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi! I'll try to keep this as short as possible. I want to clean my credit up and, since I've never done this before, I need some advice. Here's my scenario: All of my negative marks on my credit report are from California. I now live in Nevada. I had a credit card from Capitol One with...

Belts... deck... [ 1 Answers ]

I own a Yard Machine from MTD... 15 HORSE POWER, 42 inches... yardmachine Model No. 13A6672G129... and my constant problem iw with belts. 1. what would be the correct/appropriatge belt for this particular model? 2. whenever I changed belt (PURCHASED FROM HOME DEPOT)... claimed to be the...

Deck Stains [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Folks can any one point me in the right direction in choosing a good deck stain... Something that will. LAST... Thanks much...

92 Honda Accord CD deck [ 2 Answers ]

The cd player in my 1992 Honda Accord doesn't work. I put a CD in it, and it goes in, and it tries to read it, then it just ejects the CD back out. Anyone know how I can fix this?

View more questions Search