Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gerlynk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2014, 06:54 PM
    Free immigration questions
    Hello I recently got married and was thinking to file for my spouse, However, he has told me that 8 years ago he went to Canada under bogus documents, was caught and returned home. Charges were not pressed against him. Do you suppose this will be a problem for him in immigrating o the US if I go ahead with filing?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 7, 2014, 09:13 PM
    Yes, it will be a serious issue, and although charges was not filed, she was sent out for having documents that were fraud. You should be using a immigration attorney on this. Where is she living now? And if in the US on what visa?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Apr 7, 2014, 09:31 PM
    Yes, and no. This record may jeopardize his case but if it is misdemeanor and it happened long time ago, so such offense occurred in the past 5 years, he will be OK but he needs to disclose all information, do not lie ever!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ask immigration questions free [ 32 Answers ]

Hi, I am on J1 visa and am planning to get married to a green card holder.it is going to be 4 years in April since he got his green card. Should I wait for him to get his citizenship and then marry him or it does not matter for me.and how long do I have to wait for him to apply for my green card....

Ask immigration questions free [ 0 Answers ]

I am a student in Malaysia currently sitting for my final foundation semester this month.my visa expires in the next two month.there were notice signs in my university stating that if the visa is expiring in the next two months we needed to pas it up for visa renewal,I did and the international...

Free immigration questions [ 2 Answers ]

Hello there I wanted to ask is it better for my mother a green card holder to file for my siblies underage 21, or should I file for them am a US citizen 22years old and currently in the arm forces

Free immigration questions [ 1 Answers ]

My mom is a us citizen I tried to apply for citizenship through her whilst in the country on a b2 visitor visa, I was denied because she wasn't a resident between the ages 10-18 so I filed a petition i130 which would take 4 years to process, I overstayed my visa by 21 months and got married to a us...

Immigration questions free [ 0 Answers ]

Helllo Everyone ! Myself Pallavi lived in Ahmedabad. I have apply for IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE ( I 130) on date of 20th December 2006 ( 20-12-2006 ). And Date of Visa petition Approved is 3rd June 2009 ( 03-06-2009 ) . I have 2 children . At petition time both Age...

View more questions Search