Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    baybay921 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2014, 06:22 PM
    It's been almost 2 yrs but under the circumstances can I get my baby back?
    I had a open case with case workers. The lady who had my child calls me up and says she has papers ready for me to sign for full adoption and that if I didn't sign them she knew people who could make it to where I'd never see my other little boy again. I basically traded one for another because I was scared but I only had an hour to think before I signed because she called then came and got me. 45 minutes later we were down town signing the papers. Can I get my child back?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 7, 2014, 06:33 PM
    Why was the child taken from you? Did you give the child up voluntarily at birth?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 7, 2014, 09:23 PM
    It sounds like they lied to you, no one has "just an hour" to decide. But you have no way to prove your story. It sounds like you signed your rights away to allow an adoption, So no it is doubtful you will ever get child back and unlikely you can even see the child.

They were lying to you.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 7, 2014, 09:46 PM
    I see it the same but different. The OP says that she had "open case with workers." To me this means that Social Services or DHS was involved in some way and that the child was removed from the home.

Without more information from the OP we can only speculate, and that's not going to help her.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 8, 2014, 04:53 AM
    First, as noted, your child was taken from you. Without knowing why its hard to help. Second, you have no proof that you signed under duress.

But there are two things that bother me here. Usually, in an adoption case, the bio parents are required to appear before the court to affirm their decision to allow the adoption. It doesn't appear you were given that opportunity. Also you don't say anything about the father. The father needed to agree to the adoption also.

So there might be a very narrow crack in the adoption that could get it overturned. It is very much a longshot and you will NEED an attorney to pursue the case for you.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 8, 2014, 05:26 AM
    Your title says it's been almost 2 years, but you don't say when the paper signing took place. If it was 2 years ago and you haven't seen your baby in 2 years, do you really think it is FAIR to a 2 or 3 year old to wrench him away from the only parents he knows now?? Please think of HIM first.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3 yrs No baby [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 5 year old son. After he was born I was on depo (birth control) for about 2-3 years. Me and my boyfriend have been trying to conceive for about 3 years now. He is not my sons father, now he's showing feeling about wanting his own.I feel so bad like it's my fault... What do I do? What's...

Its Been Over 4 Yrs & No Baby! [ 7 Answers ]

My fiancé and I have been trying to get pregnant for over 4 yrs now. It just hasn't happened... I do not have a regular cycle, never have. I still think I should be able to conceive even though I don't have a monthly period. Everyone else doesn't even have to try and they are all popping out...

Separation due to circumstances and getting back together. [ 8 Answers ]

recently my girlfriend and I separated. I don't believe it was due to any changes in feelings toward eachother- it was more or less due to changing circumstances (at least that's what she said). Because we both work it can be very hard to find time together. I work from 6-3:30 while she works from...

I want to have a baby have been trying and just can't it's been 1 1/2 yrs. [ 1 Answers ]

About 2 yrs today I did get pregnant didn't know about it and when I found out a week later had a miscarriage. When I found out they told me ahead of time I might loose it because when they drew blood they said this number was really low and :I was in a miscarriage stage. I really wanted the baby...

Trying for a baby after 3 yrs 5 months [ 4 Answers ]

Hello evey1, me and my partner think we are ready 4 our 2nd child, a baby brother/sister for our little boy, he is 3 1//2 yrs old. I have had regular monthly cyles ever since he was born,have a good diet, exercise regularly and have a healthy weight, will it take a few months for me to conceive or...

View more questions Search