Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shi5126 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2014, 12:50 PM
    An anecdote for The Condition Of England to show his opinion of the poor laws.
    In the Novel The Condition Of England by Thomas Carlyle he uses an anecdote to show his opinion of the poor laws of England. I found an anecdote I think will work to show his opinion but I'm not quite sure that's right here it is " of these successful skillful workers some two millions, it is now counted, sit in workhouses, poor law prisons; or have "outdoor relief" flung over the wall to them the workhouse Bastille being filled to bursting, and the strong poor law broken asunder by a stronger" Could you please tell me if this is an anecdote that show's Carlyle's opinion of the poor laws from the novel.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Apr 7, 2014, 12:59 PM
    Did you read it? Do you know what an anecdote is?

We are not allowed to answer homework questions. If you read it and know what an anecdote is, you should be able to answer this with mild difficulty.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 7, 2014, 01:21 PM
    You are on the right track.
    shi5126 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2014, 01:26 PM
    Thank You So Much
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Apr 7, 2014, 01:28 PM
    Ah! You updated the question since I answered....good for you! It does look like you read it. As Tal said, you're going in the right direction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Introduction that includes personal anecdote [ 21 Answers ]

Write an introductory paragraph that includes quotation, personal anecdote, and a strong thesis statement.

Looking for opinion on condition of line to main [ 5 Answers ]

Please help! We're under contract to buy a home and after having a plumber run a camera out to the main in the street, we're not sure what to do. The plumber indicated there were major problems all the way to the tap, including root intrusion and offsets between sections of the clay pipe....

Landlord is sell the house and wants us to maintain it in show-ready condition [ 6 Answers ]

We live in Southern California. We were just asked by the landlord’s realtor if she could show the house this afternoon at 5:00PM to another realtor. This call came as a shock because we signed a one year lease in Nov 2007, with anticipation of renewing the lease for another year, and if all...

Immigration laws what's your opinion [ 2 Answers ]

OK so I'm wondering what u all think about what's going on with the illegal immigrates issues and this talk about making a law that will make millions of immigrates to become US residents. I just want your opinion.

View more questions Search