Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dastar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2014, 12:59 PM
    Going over maximum allowed by social security
    I retired at 63 but have business opportunities that will earn me a higher income allowed by the social security.

I would like to know who to contact to tell them I want to stop receiving my social security and what options if any that I could get them at a later point in time if I needed them.

Thank you for any advice...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 6, 2014, 01:16 PM
    SSa.gov or your local office.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 6, 2014, 02:09 PM
    If you started, you can't just put them on hold for use at a later date. You lose some or all of them if you earn over a certain amount each month, and that's all there is to it.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 6, 2014, 06:16 PM
    Joy may be right, but it could not hurt to call the Social Security Administration and ask if you can have the benefits suspended.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maximum Social Security [ 1 Answers ]

Hello: Let's say the person paid the max every year and worked for forty years.. He didn't start collecting till he was 65. How much will he get every month? Is there a max? Would this guy get it? excon

How much is the government allowed to garnish social security for student loans [ 1 Answers ]

I am retired and have Social Security, a small federal pension, and small state retirement. I owe for back taxes and student loans. I've heard that the government can levy 15% on my Social Security for back taxes and an amount for student loans. How much more than 15% can they levy and on which of...

How much is the government allowed to garnish social security for student loans [ 1 Answers ]

I am retired and have Social Security, a small fed gov pension, and state retirement. I owe back taxes and student loans. What percent of my income can the government levy.

Social Security Maximum Taxable Earnings when hiring a former independent contractor [ 1 Answers ]

I have a payroll question about someone who has been paid as an independent contractor (1099) and is now being hired and moved to regular payroll. He already been paid from us more than $102,000 this year (since Jan. 1), and assuming he has been paying his self-employed Social Security taxes, he...

Is a creditor (visa), allowed to garnish social security, and or VA benefits [ 1 Answers ]

Is a creditor able to garnish social security, and/or VA benefits in the state of Florida?

View more questions Search