Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Seller771 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2014, 07:29 PM
    PayPal and holding funds
    I can't find an answer anywhere, and I know it wasn't like this before, but does anyone know why, and since when, PayPal started holding funds for service invoices?

I know whenever I sold something (not often) PP would place funds on hold, but I mostly do service transactions and whenever I sent service invoice they didn't hold funds, now all of a sudden they do.. something new?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Apr 6, 2014, 03:15 AM
    PayPal does keep changing their policies/software, yet they still seem to be the most reasonable method for taking payment online. Not having to pay transaction fees to each credit card company is a big savings, and I've not found a less expensive method. I never use their billing anyway; perhaps you could consider diversifying your software the same way they keep telling us to do with investments.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 6, 2014, 06:15 AM
    I have only sold goods on eBay, where Paypal never held my funds (I pre-dated when they started that).
    I have heard that they now do credit checks and automatically set thresholds. Is your credit rating good?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Apr 6, 2014, 10:31 AM
    They hold your funds for 2 to 3 weeks on new seller accounts and accounts that don't have enough of a history for them. They will continue to do this for 3 months or more until they are satisfied that you are an honest seller.

And you say you can't find this anywhere...I am thinking you didn't look very hard:
    https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mp...s-availability
    PAYPAL FUNDS HOLD IS!!!! - The eBay Community
    eBay.com : Payment process for new sellers
    Paypal holds and how to get your money released faster | eBay

The list goes on. To be honest, I think it's a load of garbage but what can you do about it?
    Seller771 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2014, 04:01 PM
    I understand that but I know last time I did a transaction, 3-4 weeks ago, service invoice payments were never held, only invoices for goods, so I was wondering if they changed something or it's a glitch
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 6, 2014, 04:11 PM
    I've gotten 3 policy change emails in the last 5 months. It's a load to read since you darn near have to read the whole thing until you get to the paragraph or SENTENCE that affect YOU. The banks I deal with are doing the same thing though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

State misplaces funds, and funds not received, any ramifications? [ 1 Answers ]

My son has yet to receive his child support payments, from his father, even though there has been an order for a wage garnishment. The employer has been sitting on it, for over 1 month, and no remedy in sight! The only source of income, is spousal support, and now since my checks are mailed...

How do I calculate holding period return for bonds, common stock and mutual funds? [ 1 Answers ]

The first investment is a bond which was purchased on May 10, 2004, and the purchase price was $20,000 the bond was later sold on May 12, 2005, the sales proceeds were $19,500. Interest on the bond from May 10, 2004 to May 12, 2005, was $2,100. The second investment was Common stock which was...

How to do you.S. Tax filling, I am holding H1, my wife and son are holding H4 [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am holding H-1B, my wife and son are holding H4. I was here in US for 2 times in 2006, June 7 days and December 14 days, my wife and son came here in December and stayed with me till last week of Jan'07. I want to file my returns for 2006. I am still working here on h-1B. My family will...

View more questions Search