Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Noone2014 Posts: 155, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2014, 11:10 AM
    Hangover cure
    What's the best way to get over a hangover?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2014, 11:11 AM
    THere is none... you drink water... other than that you have to suffer through it.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 4, 2014, 11:17 AM
    How much did you drink? Usually just time takes care of a hangover. Maybe flush out your system with lots of liquids. And if you are taking the Zoloft now, please don't drink. (And don't drink anyway!) Others may have some better ideas than mine. You are a strong young woman and will get through this. Has counseling started yet? Vent there instead of with a bottle in your hands. (((((hugs))))) from me!

Apr 4, 2014, 11:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    How much did you drink? Usually just time takes care of a hangover. Maybe flush out your system with lots of liquids. And if you are taking the Zoloft now, please don't drink. (And don't drink anyway!) Others may have some better ideas than mine. You are a strong young woman and will get through this. Has counseling started yet? Vent there instead of with a bottle in your hands. (((((hugs))))) from me!
    I drank half a bottle of bourbon and I never want to drink again yuck I feel so horrible don't understand why people drink if you feel like this. I have the worst headache. I'm not taking Zoloft now but will start taking it in the morning it's like only 4;52 am here. Or maybe tomorrow they make me feel sick when I take them so don't know if should take it today. I start counselling next week bit nervous about that but you all said it would be a good thing and I need to start listening to the advise I'm given. I suppose feeling like this is just a bit of karma
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 4, 2014, 11:36 AM
    My brother-in-law would hand out bourbon and Coke whenever we visited him and his wife, but I discovered I could live without it (and more happily). And he ended up becoming an alcoholic (used alcohol to cover his emotional pain). So don't go there. You're suffering the consequences of some poor choices (does that make me sound like a mom?). Life is going to get better if you follow the program that adults are setting up for you. And I bet you will like counseling. My clients would tell me they were so glad to finally vent to someone unbiased and who actually listened to what they said.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 4, 2014, 11:45 AM
    Hi, No one, if you eat before taking Zoloft, unless its says otherwise on the script, then you won't be as sick.

Smoothy is right, lots of water helps a hangover. Flushes the liquor out of your system.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Apr 4, 2014, 12:23 PM
    Just as an aside, Given all that is going on in your life are you sure you should be drinking? Is it even legal where you live?

Apr 4, 2014, 02:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Hi, No one, if you eat before taking Zoloft, unless its says otherwise on the script, then you won't be as sick.

Smoothy is right, lots of water helps a hangover. Flushes the liquor out of your system.
    I haven't tried that thanks ill give it a go hope it will work

Quote Originally Posted by CravenMorhead View Post
    Just as an aside, Given all that is going on in your life are you sure you should be drinking? Is it even legal where you live?
    I know I shouldn't be drinking and no it's not legal you have to be 18 to drink. I just had some bad news and didn't deal with it the right way and I guess I'm paying for it now BIG TIME. Why do people even drink if this is how you feel
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 4, 2014, 02:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Noone2014 View Post
    I know I shouldn't be drinking and no it's not legal you have to be 18 to drink. I just had some bad news and didn't deal with it the right way and I guess I'm paying for it now BIG TIME. Why do people even drink if this is how you feel
    Some people can't help it, they are called alcoholics and it is a disease.

Apr 4, 2014, 02:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Some people can't help it, they are called alcoholics and it is a disease.
    My god I definitely do not want to be an alcoholic. If I throw up anymore I think I'll die :(
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Apr 4, 2014, 03:07 PM
    Turning to alcohol in response to things not going your way just delays what you need to deal with. It deadens the pain or feeling or whatever you're going through but you're just putting it on hold, and on top of that you're also inflicting alcohol related pain on yourself. Making it worse. Treust me when I say I have been through a lot, you don't want to be doing that. Feel it and get it over with. Learn to cope and deal with your problem or situation. If you start using that as a crutch than you're always going to and that's not a good way to live.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 4, 2014, 04:17 PM
    Alcohol to deal with pain is a sure way of becoming an alcoholic. This needs to stop now.

I hate to say it, but maybe this hangover is a good thing. Maybe you need to suffer through it so you know that it's not an answer. Some lessons are learned the hard way.

Apr 4, 2014, 04:58 PM
    I will definitely not be drinking again, I know it's not a good way to deal with things and I'm going to start doing as I've been told cause I never ever want to feel like his again
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 4, 2014, 05:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Noone2014 View Post
    I will definitely not be drinking again, I know it's not a good way to deal with things and I'm going to start doing as I've been told cause I never ever want to feel like his again
    That's a very good idea. Deal with it through counseling, learning to deal with your issues without self medicating (alcohol is self medicating). That never leads to a good road. Take the advice, go with it, stick to it, and you'll find your course. I have complete faith in that, and in you. You can do this!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 4, 2014, 07:38 PM
    Zoloft and alcohol is a deadly combination. Yes, it can kill you.

As far as the hangover, alcohol causes dehydration. You are dehydrated. Drink plenty of water.

As far as the Zoloft symptoms... Eat something before you take it and take it at bedtime so you sleep through the sick symptoms.

Apr 4, 2014, 07:42 PM
    Thank you all for the advice I have received from everyone and for putting up with my tantrums and insane writings. I have read through everything and come to realise I am the only one hurting myself by not listening and trying to do things my own way. I have put my mum through a lot and am very very sorry that she has had to deal with all of this as well as me. I don't want to feel like this and I'm not going to anymore I am the only one who can change my life so I need to get of my butt and do it. I will take my pills go to counselling and listen to my mum. Thank you for being there when I needed to talk

Apr 4, 2014, 08:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Zoloft and alcohol is a deadly combination. Yes, it can kill you.

As far as the hangover, alcohol causes dehydration. You are dehydrated. Drink plenty of water.

As far as the Zoloft symptoms... Eat something before you take it and take it at bedtime so you sleep through the sick symptoms.
    Thank you will try eating before taking it and take it at bed time hopefully it won't me feel so sick. And I definitely won't ever drink while I'm taking them
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 4, 2014, 10:29 PM
    I really wish you the best. As you've learned, you are responsible for your healing. As much as it hurts, you have to follow the proper channels in order to get better. Drinking won't do it. Avoidance won't do it. You have to do what the adults in your life tell you to do no matter how hard it is.

You won't feel better in a day or two, and obstacles will stand in your way. However, there are adults that are willing to help you. These adults have either experienced what you have, or have a college education to know how to handle these situations. You have to trust them to help you so that you can return to a life that is as normal as possible.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2014, 07:40 AM
    There are no shortcuts in life... or should I say no easy way out in real life.

This like many others you can take she short painful route... or the long painful route.

Myself I prefer the short painful route as you get through it faster... I do not like subjecting myself to any more pain than is absolutely necessary.

The short way is deal with the obsticals as they come up so you can put them behind you faster... trying to delay them or push them off only means you will have to deal with them another day... after they have grown even bigger.

Consider it like mowing the yard... you hate doing it but the longer you put it off the more the grass has grown and the longer it takes you to mow as a result, on top of that you might even have to rake it now too.

The faster to take on and tackle the unpleasant things in life... the more time you will have for the enjoyable things..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ways to deal with hangover nausea/Is this normal [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 5'1" and 110 lbs, although I'm really muscular. Anyway, I made the supremely stupid decision to have 14 (14!! ) drinks last night. I have drunk before, but somehow I always avoid getting a hangover... even if I do, it's manageable and I can actually go about doing my daily tasks. I did get a...

How long can symptoms of a hangover last? [ 2 Answers ]

I went out with the girls on Friday night. I had about 3 glasses of margatitas and 2 beers. It is now Monday night and I still do not feel quit right. My head is very dizzy feeling.

The cure for an economic hangover [ 3 Answers ]

If economists ruled the world we would all be very conservative Jessica Irvine

View more questions Search