Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gershensongirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2014, 06:46 PM
    Mortgage forclosures in Florida with heirs to estate
    My father passed away also a little over 2 years ago. When I called Chase to see if they can lower the payment, they said no because my name was not on the deed. I notified them that my father had passed away and since I could not afford the house nor was it willed to anyone did they want the keys to the house.. again no because it wasn't mine. Well now I was served papers that they want what is owed on the house by a date they didn't disclose or they would sell the house and if anything owed I would be responsible for. I am now not knowing what to do.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 4, 2014, 04:48 AM
    Was your father's estate probated? Did he have a will? Was anyone assigned as executor of his estate? What happened to his other assets or liabilities?

If you are not a signator of the mortgage or a titleholder of the property, then you probably have no responsibility for the debt. However, as his heir, you may. We need to know what happened with his estate and probate to begin to answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Florida mortgage foreclosure, suit against heirs [ 8 Answers ]

My dad died 2 years ago. He owned a home in Florida and one in another state. I was executor in the other state but never opened probate in Florida because the house was in the red so attorneys in Florida told me to just walk away, don't do anything. So for two years I have done nothing. Then I...

Real estate heirs [ 3 Answers ]

My sibling & I inherited our dad's GA. Home "equally". When my father passed away my sister was living with him due to pending divorce/financial problems. She is the executor & she mentioned that she wanted to stay in the house & "possibly" buy out my part. #1 - She & her husband have forclosed on...

Distribution by Executor of Estate Assets to Heirs [ 6 Answers ]

Reference: State of Virginia My spouse's Mother died over two years ago or November 2007. Only part (some cash and some household items) of the estate's assets have been distributed to me and the other heirs. Property, including land, houses and farm equipment that appraised for over $1.4 has...

Life estate and forclosures [ 2 Answers ]

My house is going in foreclosure, but there is a life estate living in the home. My question- if the bank will own the home what happens to the life estate person, and can someone buy the home with a life estate to the property

View more questions Search