Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tessy777 Posts: 191, Reputation: 37
    -

Apr 3, 2007, 01:27 PM
    confused about terms and conditions of probation
    I get random drug tests for treatment in lieu of a conviction for prescription fraud. Yesterday I asked... could I have a drink of wine on occasion, if it there is no restriction of alcohol in my terms and conditions. I went for my random drug test and found out they test for ethanol... is that standard? I know it takes only 8 to 24 hours before it is completely out of my body so I'm not really worried that I would test positive... plus I never drank anyway. But I don't understand if I am not prohibited from consuming alcohol, why do they test me for it? Any thoughts?
    Gotwheels Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Apr 3, 2007, 01:47 PM
    Tessy,
    When they do drug or alcohol testing they are testing for the chemicals or ingrediants that are in those products. Some liquiors have ethanol in them in large quanities, so you will test positive. For example certain foods will test positive also, for example:any food with poppy seeds, some chocolates, breath sprays or mints. The burden is on you to check what you drink or eat because it's not the probations job or responsibility to worry about it. Just check with them on what foods if you eat certain ones and what liquior. And Good Luck
    Tessy777 Posts: 191, Reputation: 37
    -

Apr 3, 2007, 02:13 PM
    Maybe I wasn't clear, my probation terms and conditions do not state that I can't consume alcohol... I was wondering why they would test me for ethanol if I can have alcohol. The terms and conditions clearly state I can't have drugs so I understand why they are testing me for those...

Tessy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation terms and health issues [ 6 Answers ]

I've been on probation for about a year and a half now. I was arrested approximately two years ago for possession of psilocybin (Schedule 1 drug) for which I was charged with a Class A misdemeanor. I was a college student at the time and had never been in trouble, or even to the principles office...

Probation conditions [ 5 Answers ]

I was just put on intervention in lieu of conviction for prescription fraud. In my conditions for probation (or intervention) there is nothing about consuming alcohol. While I am not a big drinker, my husband and I were out eating and he was going to order a glass of wine for me, but I was...

How could I put 2 conditions with COUNT IF Function and NESTED IF in Excel model [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am a new member, I hope you could help me to complete my assignment tonight, I am stock with "Count IF" function in Microsoft Excel 2003 How could I write the function with this commands: Count if the Tax which is (E15) not equal to 0, then I want to use a nested if with these...

Credit terms [ 3 Answers ]

I just had a quick question about selling merchandise on credit. If a buyer sold merch on credit for $7,000, terms 2/10, 1/15, n/30; With 700 units at $5 each I just wanted to know what would be the COGS and Inv. I think it would be in the $3,000's

What has worked the best for you in terms of getting over your ex? [ 15 Answers ]

I know that many of us have been through bad breakups lately and I thought it would help everyone, myself included, to have lots of readily available information, advice, stories, or tips on what things have helped people here to get over their exes all in one post. It could even be printed out and...

View more questions Search