Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Summergal Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2007, 01:27 PM
    16 year old caught shoplifting in Maryland
    This is her first offense. The amount was $90. She is banned from all Kmarts either for life or 10 years, wasn't sure on the paper. Her and her friend. What do you think her punishment will be. She is 16 and we live in prince george's county Maryland. We will have to go to court.
    Gotwheels Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Apr 3, 2007, 01:51 PM
    Summer,
    If it is her first offense as a minor she will probably get a minimal probation and still be barred from not only any Kmart but any store they own. Just one you go to court, have her dress like a mature person and tell her not to lie and don't make the typical teenager look at the judge. Good Luck
    Summergal Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2007, 12:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotwheels
    Summer,
    If it is her first offense as a minor she will probably get a minimal probation and still be barred from not only any Kmart but any store they own. Just one you go to court, have her dress like a mature person and tell her not to lie and don't make the typical teenager look at the judge. Good Luck

Thank you.
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 19, 2007, 01:22 PM
    It's not a huge deal lots of people get caught, all the time. Hopefully she will learn from it. At the most she will get a first time get out of trouble free card, deferred for one year and then dismissed if she stays out of trouble. Probably some community service. And in a few years she can get it expunged of her record. Be sure to get a good lawyer, (if you can.) If you can't it probably won't make a big diif. And Kmart sux anyway. It's not as if they are going to have pixs of her in every Kmart in the US.
    shorty28 Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Apr 19, 2007, 01:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Summergal
    This is her first offense. The amount was $90. She is banned from all Kmarts either for life or 10 years, wasn't sure on the paper. Her and her friend. What do you think her punishment will be. She is 16 and we live in prince george's county maryland. We will have to go to court.
    Do this take her tv,her phone and don't let her fri3nds come over and make her study even if she ain't got school.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Caught up on MySpAcE! [ 7 Answers ]

Hi everyone, My boyfriend of nearly a year is still trying to communicate with an"ex" or old "friend" is what he called her. He's trying because on the site "myspace" he is requesting her as a friend and I know because I have his password.But he told me he don't have no dealings with her and that...

Eviction in Maryland [ 4 Answers ]

If I do not have a formal lease, can I evict a person without the court proceedings?

After Being Caught Shoplifting [ 4 Answers ]

Im 17 yrs old, and my sister is 12. We live in Queen Anne's County, which is located in Maryland. We were caught shoplifting in our local Kmart, and they had said that they saw me blocking my younger sister while she unwrapped everything and put it into her purse, it was true, and we admitted to it...

Caught in the middle [ 30 Answers ]

I have a friend who is a single mother of 3. She is a wonderful lady, super mom, and loving friend. However, she is extremely hung up on one of my husband's friends. My husband's friend James just got out of a rather rocky marriage, and is not really into having a relationship. However, a couple...

Adoption in Maryland [ 3 Answers ]

? I have a 12 year old daughter and am married. My daughter was born in Oklahoma and I didn't put the fathers name on the birth certificate. We now live in md and my husband wants to adopt her to make her legally his but we were told by a lawyer that even though the fathers name isn't on the...

View more questions Search