Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2014, 03:46 AM
    well it's a possibility, saturated growing environments, but more than that carbon is useful, sometimes the way it is used is highly polluting, like refining silicon surely we can find a way to use the gas instead of the raw element, or as an additive to steel. the steel industry was revolutionised by oxygen lancing why not carbon dioxide lancing. We are too set in our thought patterns, looking for incremental solutions, bound up in a science which is actually repeating what we have already done. If we can make ships out of steel we can make ships out of carbon and then......................
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 4, 2014, 07:03 AM
    What Are the Uses of Carbon Dioxide Gas? | eHow
    Expert

Apr 4, 2014, 07:20 AM
    http://www.psr.org/assets/pdfs/coals...-chapter-2.pdf
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2014, 02:04 PM
    yes tal done the research looking to go beyond
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Apr 8, 2014, 02:52 PM
    I'm an environmentalist too, but I find the mindless, knee-jerk opposition by extremists to the pipeline is embarrassing, and will cause reasonable environmentalists to not be taken seriously in the future. Pipelines are not perfect, but are much safer than shipping oil by rail, look at the disaster in Quebec. I'm mad at Obama for leaving Canada hanging like this, I wish Canada could retaliate with some kind of sanctions, but that won't happen.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2014, 03:14 PM
    earl ,pipe it to Vancouver and hope the next American adm don't have their heads up their arse . The emperor has back stabbed most American allies . You should not be surprised that he does it to Canada too.
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2014, 03:18 PM
    Yes why not take the shorter route to the west coast obviously america doesn't need another pipeline
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2014, 02:54 PM
    The emperor decided to delay the Keystone decision until after the elections ... they are cheering in the Kremlin.
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2014, 08:03 PM
    don't see the problem here, there already is a pipeline that runs all the way from Canada to the gulf, augmenting it shouldn't cause a problem. the route includes other pipelines, either you want the business or you don't
    Expert

Apr 18, 2014, 08:40 PM
    Actually Tom it was a judge that held up the works.

Keystone Decision Delayed by U.S. Over Nebraska Court Case (1) - Businessweek

The pipeline's path in Nebraska, one of three states the northern leg of Keystone would cross, was thrown into doubt in February when a state judge invalidated legislation that let the Republican governor approve the path. The judge said that only the state Public Service Commission -- an agency created to take politics out of decisions involving the taking of land for private projects -- had that power. His decision has been appealed to the Nebraska Supreme Court.
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2014, 01:53 AM
    actually this has nothing to do with the court and everything to do with mid-term elections . The emperor of course will use any excuse because he has a divided constituency on this ....The enviro-wackos want it stopped at all cost ,and his union constituency want it approved because of the jobs. He has delayed a decision for over 5 years now ,so to say some court case is the cause for the delay is a ruse .
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2014, 03:09 AM
    Tom there is no hurry you have all the time in the world, afterall if that do nothing congress couldn't get it done, nobody will. Meanwhile you keep the oil on the american continent, you might need it
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2014, 05:00 AM
    I believe that commerce creates jobs. Although I love the idea of complete energy independence ,I also think being an energy exporter would help remedy the trade imbalance. Geopolitically ,I think it's critical to end the energy dominance of the ME nations ,Russia ,and other various despots .
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2014, 06:55 AM
    look you go for independence and let them serve the Chinese market, the smog will eventually bury them, just a twist on the Marxist maxim, we will sell the last communist the oil to drown himself, just not our oil
    Expert

Apr 21, 2014, 02:12 PM
    For guys who holler states rights you sure get pissed when a state exercises its right. Funny how you want the Emperor to circumvent the decisions of Nebraska.
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2014, 03:31 PM
    I never holler 'states rights' .States don't have rights ;people do. States have powers. The Federal Government has limited enumerated powers ;and the States are prohibited from exercising some powers . ALL the rest are designated to the States by the Constitution. btw ,what part of the Article 1 Sec 8 clause 3 don't you understand ? The Constitution gives Congress the power to (regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, ..... ). For once the Commerce clause will be properly employed by the Feds. But I agree that powerful special interests support the anti-pipeline coalition . I expect unfortunately that Keystone will be another issue decided by the Imperial SCOTUS .
    Expert

Apr 21, 2014, 08:54 PM
    LOL, and there are no special interest groups fighting for Keystone? The governor tried an end run around state law in Nebraska, and lost and the appeal process is the next lawful step. TransCanada hasn't even said they would sell any oil to the US.

And states do have rights, the right to use their powers in their own interest. Will it go to the Supreme court? Not likely this year.
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2014, 06:21 AM
    Will it go to the Supreme court? Not likely this year.
    Not this year .Their docket is full. So the emperor gets his way again.. Doing well by doing nothing . If it fractures his coalition ,it aint his problem either since he really doesn't care who runs Congress ,and he doesn't really care who the next POTUS is.
    Expert

Apr 23, 2014, 06:44 AM
    I wouldn't worry about the democratic coalition when there are bigger fish to fry. This is but one issue to be debated and resolved. You won't hear Keystone as much as you will hear Benghazi, and even louder more repeal of the ACA this summer.
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2014, 07:02 AM
    If I were the Dems I would . The emperor put a knife in the back of the coalition with the Keystone delay ,and the upcoming Cadillac Tax in Obamacare . The private unions are ripe for the picking of any conservative candidate who can reforge the Reagan coalition.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need help with Penn foster keystone project! Please help! [ 0 Answers ]

Help with Penn foster keystone project!

I'm looking for help for the keystone furniture project# 39090400. If anyone can help [ 1 Answers ]

If anyone can help me with th e keystone furniture project#39090400 please contact me.

Keystone Furniture Project: 39090400 [ 23 Answers ]

I'm need help with Penn Foster final bookkeeping project Keystone Furniturt ID:39090400. Willing to pay.

Keystone slipped [ 6 Answers ]

My home has a decorative stone border surrounding the front door. The border has an arched top and the stones are mortared together. One of the stones of the arch has slipped a few inches and needs to be returned to its proper location. My problem is in moving it. It is somewhat heavy and I...

View more questions Search