Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Summergal Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2007, 01:24 PM
    Grandparent fighting for Custody
    My daughter is 16 and is negligent in the care of her 9 month old. She has become obsessed with her boyfriend and is not thinking clearly. She recently "loaned" her child to him for a week while she stayed at home. She did not know where he was, just somewhere in Virginia, I live in Maryland, PG County. She bathes him whenever, maybe once a week if he's lucky. Says he's never hungry, but when I feed him, he's very hungry. Changs his diaper infrequently, he is usually soaked when I get him. When on phone pays very little attention to him. Does not wake up with him in the middle of the night for feeding. I have to do it. And just the other day, she got caught shop lifting at KMart and will have to go to court on that offense. I have already applied for joint custody, now I have applied for full tempory legal custody maybe until she turns 18 in light of recent events. She works part time at Popeyes and is going to school at night to get her GED. What are my chances. They both live with me, but every time I say she can't go over her boyfgriends house, she uses the baby against, me as in the last case. I know he is her child, but she is not thinking about him. What are my chances?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 3, 2007, 02:24 PM
    You do realize what you are writing? A story of the worst neglect from a parent a child can suffer. That is unpardonable in my book. Get help now before its too late and I would dearly love to put her in jail to tell you the truth. How dare she treat another human being without respect let alone a young child!
    kimjoiner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2011, 04:05 PM
    My son and his girfriend have a little girl and the other grand mother is trying to get custody of her for no reason sheand the father are 18 and both trying to get there ged and the father is looking for a job and the grandmother says they are mean to her and there not I'm the other grandmother and they both love that little girl they both take care of her now the other grandmother did get to see her when ever she wanted before all this came about but now she wants her for good and like I said for no apparent reason they need help I never been through this so not sure how to help them

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father fighting for custody wants to know what to expect and how to prepare for court [ 13 Answers ]

I have served my child's mother with a custody hearing, and I myself have taken some measures to provide for the case such as tape recordings of her and the threats she made while she was pregnant about killing her self, taking a bottle of pills, then there are some stating that "This is my baby,...

Biological grandparent [ 4 Answers ]

I was wondering if there was anything that I could do to find out who my mothers mother is... and on that note try and track down my father. My bio grandmothers name is Virginia Kimble... not sure of the spelling. As far as I've been told her family resided in or near Newport, Or. My mother was...

Grandparent visitation? [ 16 Answers ]

Does any one know about grandparent visitation? How hard is it to obtain? I currently petitioned the courts for visitation of my grandsons. I have never had a relationship with them, my daughter and I don't talk. However, recently I started talking to the children's father and he has...

Fighting dss for custody of my sisters children [ 1 Answers ]

DSS took my sister children, she did not want to lose custody of them but that is what has happened. My wife and I told her that we would take her children into our home so that they would be able to stay in the family. She waited because she was going to do the programs that they had asked her...

Grandparent Visitation [ 17 Answers ]

Hello, I have been divorced for almost 6 years. My two kids have always lived with me, I have full custody. At this time there father has 30 day's in the summer. He has moved from here to his home state many times and doesn't actively get involved with the kids. I have never had a good...

View more questions Search