Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flaviasofia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2014, 11:08 AM
    How to become a singer at age 10
    I really want to become a singer . I have an amzing voice but I want to show it to the public but I am scared what should I do?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Apr 2, 2014, 11:14 AM
    Hi Flaviasophia

Get your parent's permission and then go to www.youtube.com and post some videos of you singing and then tell friends and family how to find the videos. If you are really good they will tell friends and they'll tell friends, etc.

If you are from a religious family you may also want to consider joining the children's choir...would get you some great exposure there.

Most important will be to practice singing as much as you can as often as you can and improve ever day, OK? Finally, if your parent(s) can afford to get you voice lessons that will certainly not hurt you in the long run!

Good luck!

Mark
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2014, 03:44 PM
    THere isn't much of a demand for 10 year old singers... but you have to start sometime and getting experience so when you are older and better you might have a chance.

But just because you want to or think you have tallent means nothing... there are hundreds of thousands just like you that think they do... but a few are a lot better than the others... and a very few of those get the right sonegs with the right band... in the right place at the right time to be heard by the right people to even get a shot... and many of them blow their chance because of a number of reasons. Maybe one out of a million who want to sing ever make a good living at it much less become famous.

But you never know unless you try.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 10, 2014, 05:02 PM
    How do you know you have an amazing voice? Who has told you this? So the first you need to do is get an evaluation of your talent by an unbiased person. A teacher in the music dept at school, some other professional, the choral director at your church, etc.

Next you need to practice. Being a singer simply means that you sing and perform whenever you can. But I think you want to not only sing, but sing professionally and that takes practice and experience.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 10, 2014, 05:14 PM
    Sadly kids that think they have amazing talent, are a dime a dozen. If I had a dime for every kid that posted on this site alone, begging us to tell them how to become the next singing sensation, I'd be rich.

There are millions of people with amazing singing voices out there. Only a small percentage ever get discovered, and out of those, an even smaller percentage actually make it big.

Not that I want to discourage you. If you love to sing, and others see your natural talent, take singing lessons, voice lessons, sing in front of people whenever you can, post YouTube video's (with your parents permission) of you singing. But don't make singing your entire life. Stay in school, get good grades, plan on a career that doesn't include singing. It's more than likely that you'll have to find another way to make a living that won't include being a star.

Good luck, and don't give up. :)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 10, 2014, 07:50 PM
    You start by taking voice and music lessons to make yourself better

Your parents will need to also, when the teacher things you are ready, have you performing in open mic, coffee houses, and other venues one or two times a week if possible Often this may mean home schooling and not going to regular school any more, so you are free to travel multi state areas to sing

Your parents will have to be able to afford this, because normally the first few years you will not be paid for singing, so cost of travel and other costs will be your parents to pay

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How To Become a Singer At Age 13? [ 10 Answers ]

I am 13 turning 14 in a couple more months. ( ; &my dream is to be a singer. &everytime I sing to myself I sound good. &on the phone I sound good also. So when I sang to my friends they said I was amazing ! ;D I was really happy &proud of myself. I wanted to sing in my schools talent show but it...

How do you become a singer at age 11 [ 2 Answers ]

I am 11 years old and me and my friend want to become a famous singers we already have a band name the beeper boxes but how do you become big

How can I become a singer at the age of 14 [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, so I am 14 and I don't know what to do. I have a dream, a dream to become a singer, to show everyone that I have a voice. No knows that I have a beautiful voice except my little brother and one of my friends. I really want to start trying to brighten my chances at following my dream....

How do I become a singer at age 13? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my name is kendall and I'm 13 years old I really want to become a singer but have no idea how to qet to that goal I've done vocal lessons,gutiar lesson I've done it all I want to work with island def jam but I'm on the heavy wieght side what should I do and how should I do it ?

View more questions Search