Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 1, 2014, 05:39 PM
    Meatloaf recipe
    My mom used to make the most amazing meatloaf. I took it for granted while she was alive.

I can't find her recipe anywhere.

I'd really like to make a meatloaf. My family has never had one, because I never thought to make one. Well, I'm craving a meatloaf, have been for a while.

So, what's your favorite recipe? Are you willing to share it?

Please help me out. If you do post, step by step instructions are a must. None of that "a pinch of this, a dash of that" stuff. That's what my mom always did, and it's probably the reason none of the recipes I actually learned from her, ever taste like hers. :(
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Apr 27, 2014, 04:23 PM
    Hi Alty

My family has tried many different meatloaf recipes....

We liked this one by Alton Brown:

Good Eats Meatloaf Recipe : Alton Brown : Food Network

This was actually a LOT of work, but the flavor and texture was a real winner!

We also liked this one by Martha Stewart:

Classic Meat Loaf, Recipe from Martha Stewart Living, April 2010

Some grocery stores actually sell the 3 meat combo. pack...saves time/money/hassle

There is also the most basic of all meatloaf recipes:

2 LB Ground Chuck meat (or combo. ground chuck and sausage meat)
    Handful or two of bread crumbs
    1 or two eggs (binding agent)
    Handful of parmesan cheese
    dash (sorry) of Worcestershire sauce

Bake at 375F for an hour or so.

You can also use ground turkey, but I just don't think ground turkey belongs here!! LOL!!

Mark
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 27, 2014, 06:38 PM
    This is my easy peasy recipe Alty.

Bag 'n SeasonĀ® Meat Loaf | McCormick

Very moist and delish. I hope you can get it in Canada.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 28, 2014, 03:07 PM
    Thanks to both of you. I'll definitely be trying one. I'll let you know which recipe I used, and how it turned out. :)
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jun 29, 2014, 04:33 PM
    So, which did you try...hmmmmm?? Also, I didn't forget about the plumbing videos...just been working 7 days 4-5 nights a week for about 6 weeks now. I'll get to it soon...promise!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Meatloaf cupcakes. [ 2 Answers ]

Meatloaf Cupcakes with Parmesan Mashed Potato Frosting Makes 24 cupcakes Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes INGREDIENTS Meatloaf Cupcakes 2 pounds ground turkey meat 2 cloves garlic, minced 1/2 yellow onion, minced

What WOULDN'T Meatloaf do for love? [ 6 Answers ]

What WOULDN'T Meatloaf do for love? :confused:

Meatloaf vs Steinman [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, I'm sure someone will set me straight on this once and for all :) I grew up thinking Jim Steinman and Meatloaf were one in the same. I thought "meatloaf" was kind of a "ghost" name, so to speak. I always listened to the Bat out of Hell album etc. but also listened to Jim Steinman's Rock n...

Meatloaf [ 8 Answers ]

OK folks, who has a good receipt for old fashion meatloaf? My mom use to make it real good but she made it round and it had a hole int the center. How did she do that? It looked like a large donut. Was it some kind of special dish? Thanks for any help

Recipe Trade: Here's my MarsBar Cheesecake Recipe (A real winner!) [ 1 Answers ]

From My Family Kitchen to Yours.. Want to trade a tried and tested family favorite? Here's one from my kitchen.. MarsBar Cheesecake, perfect for a Special Birthday - Sure to put a smile on that Birthday Persons dile:) This recipe is for a LARGE Cake - if you are catering for a smaller...

View more questions Search