Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    supercook Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2014, 04:54 PM
    I developed an ear ache at about 3pm today. It shoots pain through my ear.
    The pain shoots through my ear and down my neck and into my shoulder. Is this something to worry about or just take 2 asprin and call the doctor if it does not go away?
    supercook Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2014, 04:59 PM
    Ear ache
    I have an ear ache in my right ear that shoots a sharp pain into my neck and down to my shoulder area. Any idea how to treat this?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2014, 05:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by supercook View Post
    The pain shoots through my ear and down my neck and into my shoulder. Is this something to worry about or just take 2 asprin and call the doctor if it does not go away?
    Sounds like a plan to me... I wouldn't wait very long before going.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 1, 2014, 05:04 PM
    Emergency room, if you cannot contact a doctor or find a walk in clinic. JUST in case.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 1, 2014, 06:05 PM
    Time to see a doctor. Until you do, try your hair blow dryer. Put it on warm, and hold it to your ear. It may help ease the pain. But this definitely needs to be seen by a doctor, since it's radiating from your ear to your neck and shoulder.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have a ear ache/infection? [ 0 Answers ]

My throat hurts on one side and it hurts below my ear on the other, I also feel a bit fuzzy and dizzy and a bit tired. Can it be an ear infection? Thanks for your help

I have ear ache in one ear and am a bit deaf in this ear [ 2 Answers ]

Two days ago I awoke with a very painful ear ache. When I push my finger into the opening of my ear hard, I can feel a lump but this is actually in the ear passage and not a spot or pimple but feels like it is blocking the opening to my inner ear. It is sore and also the next morning I was and...

Why does my ear ache when I lie on one side? [ 4 Answers ]

When I was growing up,I normally suffered from ear ache.But it stopped some 12 years ago. But now,I rather have an intense pain when I sleep on one side and am about to turn to the other... the ear on the side I am lying on aches me badly for like 6seconds and the pain fades away. What could the...

Ear wax, ear pain? [ 2 Answers ]

Can excessive ear wax cause pain in the ear? I've been having pain in my right ear since yesterday I know the doc had said do some peroxide or something in my ears but I haven't done it yet, and now that I'm having this pain I don't know if I should put peroxide in my ears? I also have bad TMJ on...

Hoarse throat and ear ache [ 4 Answers ]

I am 43 year old smoker(since I was 13) and for the past 8-9 months I have had a hoarse throat with a feeling of something in it and a painful ear ache. I have had my thyroid checked and they say it is fine. My voice keeps going in and out and scratchy as well. I know that this isn't just a cold or...

View more questions Search