Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TheNatureGirl Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2014, 02:43 PM
    When will my cecropia cocoons hatch?
    I have recently received my two cecropia moth cocoons from eBay. I am not sure when the caterpillars pupated, since the seller did not tell me. I was wondering if they would naturally hatch during a certain month. Additionally, I noticed the inner part of the cocoons moving while I was unwrapping them. Is this a sign that they have just pupated, or that they will hatch soon? It is early April and the weather is getting warmer, so I am expecting them to hatch soon. Can someone please give me an estimate of when they will hatch into moths? Any help would be greatly appreciated,
    TheNatureGirl.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Apr 1, 2014, 06:00 PM
    Where did it ship from? The temperature there will be the determining factor. Hopefully they'll hatch out soon. In the meantime, this link has some good photos and some species specific information:

Cecropia Moth Caterpillar, Cocoon, egg hatching Photos & videos of life cycle transitions.
    TheNatureGirl Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2014, 12:38 PM
    The cocoons shipped from Burton, Michigan. Though the link really helped! I'll just be patient and wait a few weeks to a month. But I hope it doesn't take longer since our apartment is warm and receives medium sunlight (required for the emergence of their cocoons). Thank you so much for your help,TheNatureGirl

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Civic hatch [ 1 Answers ]

I had problems with my civic stalling after turning it on and it running rough but I fix the stalling it stills runs a little rough it gave me code 16 (injector) but it turned out to be it was missing the clips on 2 of them so I fixed that problem but now it still runs a little rough and it tops...

'87 Firebird/Camaro Hatch Conversion [ 1 Answers ]

Some disgruntled soul took a disliking to my car and smashed the glass and frame of the rear hatch. Couldn't readily locate a Camaro replacement so have a Firebird hatch which I'm converting. There are many sources for how to repair body panels. 1) Can you recommend the best way to patch the...

How do you retrieve the ecu codes in a 91 ef hatch [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how to retrieve the codes for the check engine light, in a 1991 ef hatch, with a swapped 1.6l d16y8 motor

91 civic hatch no start [ 2 Answers ]

My 91 won't start can ran OK but had a rough idle at stop so I took out injectors and cleaned with cab and choke cleaner replaced as instructed and it won't start fuel pump coming on getting gas to carb getting spark and not showing any error codes some assistance with this matter would be greatly...

94 civic hatch dx only getting about 24 m/gallon [ 1 Answers ]

I was getting about 35-37 a couple months ago, but then my car stopped working. I replaced the entire distributer, plugs, wires, fuel filter, fuel injectors, and PGM- FI Main relay. My car works now! Yay. (it still has a little trouble turning over, but it always does) Anyway, I am getting...

View more questions Search