Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Charmed5162 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2014, 02:49 AM
    Married to an american for 14 yrs. Spent 5 yrs outside of US.
    I am married to an American for 14 years. I had permanent status. However we have been out of the US for 5 years. I still have a social security card and on my permanent status card it expires June 2015. What do I need to do to go back to the US to live permanently. Any help would be appreciated Thank you
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2014, 04:57 AM
    You would have lost your green card living outside the USA under the rules that have been in effect for a number of years.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Apr 1, 2014, 01:07 PM
    Your status has been revoked after you spent 12 months overseas without re-entry permit. You need to start applying for a new green card, based on same category of the previous one. It could take up to a year or maybe longer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I was married for 15 yrs [ 1 Answers ]

And fixed my exs green card we ate now divorced and I'm msrried to someone else can I fix his green card?

Married for 15 yrs and now he is questioning my love for him. [ 82 Answers ]

I need help. I've been married for 15 with ups and downs like everyone else, but for the most part very happy. I am still in love with my husband like the first day, I've always supported him on everything he decides to do. Everything seemed perfect for a while until about three weeks ago, when he...

A is 4 yrs older than B, in 7 yrs the sum of age will be 70 how old are they? [ 7 Answers ]

Math problem A is 4 yrs older than B in 7 years the sum of their ages will be 70. How old are they now?

35 yrs of marriage -33 yrs of disagreements and misery for both [ 7 Answers ]

Have been married for 35 yrs - all we have shared is two children who ar both 30 + and married. In the last ten years I have heard no compliments, kind word or had happy conversation. On one hand she nags me & criticizes me to death to watch my diet, but makes my life absolute hell. I am sure...

I am married for 6 yrs. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everybody I am 37 yrs old with 2 little ones... 15 mons and 3 years old. I made contact with an ex which I saw him over the summer. The contact kept going on for like 3 months.. daily basis until now I realized I had some feelings... told the Ex I want to stop but he persists To keep...

View more questions Search